09: Exorcise A House

Right so this one I'm defo doing

"It's gotta be you! Only you!" Gabriel sang as he slammed his fist down on the 'enter' button on Sam's laptop. The ad for Sam and his 'exorcising job' was submitted, and Gabriel spun around on Sam's bed, a victorious look on his face as he punched the air. Sam struggled with the grin fighting to spread across his face, then gave up and just let it happen.

"I'll be entering you next, Sambo ..."

"Shut it." Sam said, jokingly shoving Gabriel.

Balthazar waltzed into the room with the two patients' pills. He forced Gabriel's pills into his hand, and the hyper boy glared at him.

"Just do it." Balthazar said in a done tone.

Gabriel's face lit up and he jumped up, leaping around the room and screaming, "JUST DO IT!"

Balthazar exchanged a glance with Sam. "Was it something I said?"

🍿🍿🍿

It was the middle of the night. Sam received a text just after he finished his second essay for law school.

Gabriel: You wanna know what's beautiful?? Read the first word again 😏

Sam shook his head and smiled. "Thanks, I guess?"

"You're very welcome, Samsquatch." A mischievous voice came from the other side of the room.

Sam peeked and saw that his ADHD roommate was on Vine again. He rolled his eyes, and caught Gabriel looking at him from the glow of his phone. He suddenly grinned and winked.

"Are you wifi? 'Cause I'll be on you all night."

"Yeah, well, it's the middle of the night, so not all, apparently." Sam bitch-faced.

"Wow, touché." Gabriel put up his hands, grinning even wider. "I like it when you're a sassy moose."

Sam shook his head again and lay it back down on the pillow, shutting his laptop and setting it and his phone on the bedside table to charge. A voice wavered across to him through the still, stuffy air.

"Here, Sammich ..."

Sam lifted his head again. "Huh?"

"Promise not to die after the tenth thing? Please?" Gabriel's voice sounded so much like a child's when it was this tiny.

"Of course, Gabe." Sam said, his tone slightly high with surprise.

"Pinky promise me you won't die before me, at least." Gabriel slipped out of his bed and padded across to Sam's, holding out his pinky, his face young and hopeful, puppy eyes forcing Sam to hook his pinky finger around Gabriel's.

"Of course, Gabe." Sam repeated, squeezing his finger around his friend's. "Of course ..."

There was a pause. Two breaths. Then Sam was engulfed in a warm, tight hug. He held the smaller boy closer to him, liking the feel of his small body against his, liking the warmth and comfort it provided.

"That time when I blacked out ... you -"

"Yeah, I was scared." Gabriel breathed into Sam's chest. "I was so scared you were gonna die on me too, and that's the last thing I want, not now when you're my partner in crime ... One of the only friends I have left."

Sam took in a deep breath. "How long d'you have before ... Y'know ..."

Gabriel looked up at him sadly. "Two years is the estimate. That's why I have to get this bucket list done before I go." He spotted Sam's face fall. "What is it?"

"I don't know if I'll be able to keep that promise. I have five months, apparently." He said bluntly.

Gabriel's face crumpled, then he straightened (ha) it out again. "Balthazar and the team are great nurses. I'm certain you'll live way longer than that; I'm sure of it!" He encouraged, his voice seemingly hopeful.

Sam could tell he was trying to encourage himself more than Sam. So Sam did something sweet.

"I lost my teddy. Can I cuddle with you tonight instead?"

And that was the first time Sam Winchester took Gabriel Novak to bed. In a non-dirty context, of course.

🍦🍦🍦

"For your eyes only, I show you my heart ... For when you're lonely, and forget who you are ... I'm missing half of me when we're apart ... So now you know me, for your eyes only ..."

The singing reached through Sam's haze of dreams before the phone ringing did. He was half-asleep, groggy and grumpy when he reached out for the phone vibrating on his bedside table.

"Are you Gabriel Novak or Sam Winchester?" A panicked woman's voice nearly shrieked in his ear.

"Sam Winchester. What seems to be the problem?" Sam said sleepily.

"You're that ghost hunter guy, right?! Well, my house is so bloody haunted, I think I'm gonna puke -"

"Just tell me the address." Sam said, then nodded as she rattled it off. "We'll be right there."

He grinned tiredly at Gabriel who was still snuggled into Sam's side, softly singing and sucking on a lollipop.

"Dude, it's Wednesday."

"What, no! Seriously?" Sam exclaimed, astonished. "I thought it was still Tuesday night."

"Nope, Wed night, bro. It was just so comfortable here in this bed that we just stayed, yanno?" Gabriel grinned. "Balthazar even left us pills."

Sam glanced at the medication on his bedside table and saw the note.

Sam -
Here's your pills since I couldn't bring myself to wake you two lovebirds up. Make sure the leprechaun takes his.
- Your fabulous nurse

"Of course I'll take them." Gabriel took the tablets, shuddering after doing so. "I just refuse them usually to piss Balthy off."

Sam shrugged. "Fair enough. Let's go!"

🍰🍰🍰

Soon enough, the two patients were at the scared woman's house. It was past midnight, and Sam was even shaking a bit. She led them to the living room, hissing at them to get started as soon as possible because she was 'terrified out of her mind'.

Gabriel snickered as Sam drew a pentagram on the living room floor, as they both knew that all this was bullcrap. They'd piled together a bunch of random shit and pretended it was exorcism stuff.

Sam set candles alight around the pentagram and sat in a meditation pose, humming whilst trying not to laugh. Gabriel flipped open an old book and started reading random words in Latin.

"Quick, quick! I can feel the spirit's presence!" The woman screeched, flapping her arms about.

Gabriel finished reading, then Sam blew out the candles subtly.

"That means the spirit's gone." Sam said to the woman after a minute of awkward silence.

"Ah. Right." The woman nodded awkwardly.

Sam and Gabriel high-fived as they walked out the door.