34: Survive Something Life-Threatening

I hope y'all don't hate me too much lmaooooo

There was a wave of heat pouring over Gabe. It was stifling, rendering him almost unable to breathe. He coughed, his eyes wavering open. He felt himself roll over onto his side, and he coughed some more. The stench of smoke was overwhelming, surrounding him, enveloping him in death and horror.

Vision slowly returned to him, and he saw fire. Huge, tall, orange and yellow towers of flame were eating up the side of the plane and the massive trees stretching up to the sky above him. Grey tendrils of smoke were curling around everything. Someone was screaming in the distance. The smell of blood lay underneath the smoke, and Gabe spotted Sam, lying unconscious nearby, a shard of the plane sticking into him. Blood stained his clothes and dribbled from his mouth.

Gabe struggled to sit up, pain ripping through him like a bullet. He groaned loudly, leaning on the side of the plane for support. He looked down at where he had been lying; he had been thrown from his seat in the air and had fell down beside the other end of the plane.

His gaze shifted to his arm, which was bent at a weird angle. Random huge pulses of pain travelled up and down his arm along with an underlying, incessant stinging. Yep, that's definitely broken, Gabester.

Gabe slowly looked up. Now that he was standing, he could see things a lot clearer. Sam was splayed out on the ground, blood covering almost every inch of him, but his chest was rising up and down somewhat erratically, so Gabe knew he wasn't dead. His bleeding seemed to have stopped, and nothing looked life-threatening - the amount of blood that had scared him earlier had seemed a lot from where he was lying, but now that he had seen it from a different angle, it really didn't seem a lot at all.

The person screaming was Dean, who was clutching his leg and had his head thrown back, pain written clearly in his features. Cas was propped up beside him, hand on one of Dean's arms, concerned eyes staring into the wide-open, watery green ones. Lucifer was slowly crawling over to Michael, who was unconscious against a tree, a nasty gash on his head. Lucifer had blood dripping from his stomach, and Emma was stumbling across the flaming, debris-littered ground towards him, telling him in a raspy voice to check where he was bleeding from, to stop the bleeding, to stop moving or else he might bleed out. Charlie and Bethany were hauling a woozy Balthazar away from the fire. Kevin was nowhere to be seen.

Cas made eye contact with Gabe, and Gabe immediately lurched towards him. He staggered across bits of burning plane and leaves, the ground seemingly unstable underneath him, until he reached his brother and his boyfriend's brother.

"Dean's broken his leg." Cas rasped up at his little brother, blue eyes clouded with worry.

"Join the club, Deano." Gabe chuckled, then winced as he accidentally jostled his arm. "I'm broken, too!"

Dean only cried out louder, and Gabe met Cas's desperate gaze.

"I'll - I'll see if we can get any help." Gabe wheeled around and headed back towards the plane. He passed Sam, who was still on the ground. Gabe looked anxiously at the gradually approaching fire. I'll get help first, then I'll move him.

He climbed inside the front part of the broken-apart plane, looking for any of the plane staff, maybe the pilot. Smoke was hanging in the air like fog, making Gabe choke. He waved his hand through the air, trying to clear it for him to see.

"Oh God..." The pilot was limp in his seat, neck bent in a way which wasn't natural. The other plane staff were clearly dead, thrown up against the insides of the plane, blood pooled on the ground underneath them and limbs disturbingly distorted. Gabe stumbled back out of the plane, coughing and retching. He braced his hand on the side of the plane, only to snap it back again when the metal burned his skin.

Gabe glanced at the fire again. It was a lot closer. He choked his vomit back down and reached down for Sam, tugging him out from under the plane. The shard came with him, not shifting from his chest.

Gabe dragged his boyfriend towards the rest of the group, wincing when his arm was nearly pulled out of its socket, as he could only use one. At last, Gabe dumped Sam beside Cas, Balthazar tying a tourniquet around Lucifer's stomach as he held his unconscious husband's head in his lap.

Suddenly, Gabe heard a loud rasping, choked sound come from Sam. He snapped his gaze down, only to see Sam struggling to breathe, his eyes wide open and staring at Gabe, his hands outstretched towards him. A huge choke burst from him and Sam's hands flew back to his chest, blood dribbling from his mouth and eyes fluttering shut.

"Oh no..." Gabe looked at Cas, realisation dawning on him. "Lung cancer..."

He dropped down beside Sam, grabbing both his hands in his own, squeezing them.

"Sammy, just hold on... Please just hold on..."

"What about help, Gabe?" Cas asked worriedly.

Gabe looked up at his brother desperately. "They're all dead. I just hope that thing that alerts the police when a plane goes down works."

Cas nodded solemnly, returning his anxious gaze to Dean.

The fire was approaching the engine. Gabe watched its progress with wary eyes, though he was glad that they were all far enough away to not be affected if the plane blew up.

Wait... all...

Gabe looked around the group. Someone's missing...

Kevin!

Gabe shot up. Everyone watched with tired and pain-filled eyes as he sprinted for the plane, darting inside. Sam watched through a haze of pain and stinging in his chest as his boyfriend disappeared into the smoke.

They waited - five seconds went past.

Then ten.

Then twenty.

Then a minute.

"G-Gabe...?" Sam struggled out.

BOOM.