49: Witness Something Beautiful

This is me, a grown up gay, compared to like the second chapter where you guys saw me like two years ago lol. I look miserable because all the pink washed out of my hair! Also at the time of writing this chapter I didn't know I would be both in a relationship and in love with my best friend instead of Charlie, so there's that update too. 😌

Sam's hand caressed Gabe's, his fingers rubbing against Gabe's wedding ring. They were in the Banter Room along with the rest of their squad, chilling on the row of waiting room chairs bolted to the wall. Everyone was messing around loudly, playing on the Xbox or throwing bean bags around or diving into the ball pit.

"AHHH!" Kevin shrieked as he was pushed from the suspended chair into the ball pit.

Lucifer was dabbing in the corner, and Dean threw a bean bag at him, scowling.

"Stop using stale memes, Luci!"

Lucifer grumbled, shoving the bean bag away, before snatching Michael's water bottle and flipping it.

Emma threw a ball pit ball at the bottle as it was in mid-air, and the bottle was knocked out of its path, landing on its side.

"YAS, BITCHES!" Charlie threw her hands up as she beat Kevin at Mario Kart - which wasn't hard, as Kevin's controller lay abandoned on the spinning chair, Kevin lying in the ball pit, somehow tangled up with himself.

"Fuck sake guys, I'm trying to read!" Michael sighed, taking his glasses off and glaring at the rowdy group.

"Everyone shut up." Gabe said suddenly. The room went quiet, and Sam looked round from his husband's beautiful face to see what he was on about.

Charlie had abandoned her controller too. She was on one knee, looking expectantly into Emma's face as she held an open ring box. A small diamond ring glittered inside.

"Emma," Charlie said, "these assholes are all so much less tolerable than you. You are the only person I can at least stand being in the same room sometimes, sort of."

Gabe's eyes were watering from this show of romance.

"I won't say I love you, because I don't love anyone, not even myself. But I find you alright, I guess." Charlie said. "Emma, will you marry me?"

"I guess." Emma grinned.

As Charlie slipped the engagement ring onto Emma's finger and kissed her, Gabe squeezed Sam's hands and kissed him.

"That was beautiful." Gabe whispered.

Sam put his hands on either side of Gabe's face. He smiled.

"You are beautiful."