14: Have A Snowball Fight

Lol I'm back bitches didja miss me??

Sammy realises something V important in this ... So you're welcome in advance 😜

Sam Winchester was wishing on a star. He was up at midnight, perched on his windowsill, staring up at the moon and stars which were shining brightly. Though, all he wanted was the sun back, he longed for sunshine. Not just ordinary sunshine, but his sunshine.

He was wishing for sun, wishing for the doctors to give his little friend back. Wishing for the dark emptiness of sleep to give Gabe back.

He was missing his immature roommate so much. He had only been in his 'coma' for two days yet it felt like a lifetime.

When I'm with him, hours feel like seconds, Sam thought, rubbing his thumb against his palm, a nervous habit that he had developed, and when I'm without him, days feel like years ...

He missed his innocent (well ... seemingly innocent) laughter, his cheery little smiles, his happy little face, those eyes that danced with mischief, that babbling, riveting voice that Sam could listen to for hours ...

Most of all, Sam just missed Gabe on the whole. Dying of Gabe-deficiency, he thought.

He hadn't been so long without his friend since the day he met him, and it was starting to take a toll on Sam - he was sighing every five seconds, he was hugging his pillow to himself, he was gazing out of the window and drifting into daydreams of him and Gabe ... doing absolutely nothing. Just sitting in their room, like always ... that was all Sam wanted at the minute.

Another painful pang of loneliness twanged in Sam's heart, so he slipped off the windowsill and out into the hallway.

Might as well go see him. Screw visiting hours. Time's a human construct anyway.

He padded off down to the separate rooms where there was only one bed per room for coma patients only. Sam was sort of glad; he didn't want to tiptoe around some other patient. And, as much as he hated to admit it, he didn't like the thought of anyone else spending more time around Gabriel than he was.

He sneaked into the small room and his breath hitched when he caught sight of his friend lying helpless and lifeless in a hospital bed, tubes and wires all over him. A monitor was beeping softly in the corner, and Sam slowly advanced.

Gabriel looked small and child-like when he was unconscious, but the only thing that made the visual image being depicted in Sam's mind, oh so longingly, that he was just sleeping ruined, was that Gabe's thumb wasn't in his mouth; rather, both his hands were limply resting at his sides. It made it look as though it was so much worse than just sleeping; and it was.

Sam hated it.

He carefully sat down on the plastic chair beside the trickster's bed and gently picked up a hand, covering it in both his own. It was stone cold. Sam rubbed his hands together around Gabe's hand to get it warmer, he didn't like it when his friend was not comfortable, however out of it he may be.

Sam sat there for he didn't know how long, just watching over Gabriel, watching the steady rise and fall of his chest, watching his face for any signs of movement, rubbing circles onto Gabe's skin with his thumb absentmindedly. An unfamiliar feeling was rising in his own chest, and Sam didn't know what it was. He didn't like the unfamiliarity.

He knew he would have to go back to his own room sometime, or else some nurse would come in and find him, and shout at him. Sam got up to go, but he thought he heard a small snuffle from Gabe, making him turn back.

He shuffled over to Gabe's head, pushing back the hair that had fallen over his face carefully, and by impulse, gently pressed a lingering kiss to his trickster's forehead.