45: Get Married

Sam Winchester woke up on the day of his wedding with a surprisingly minor headache from his bachelor's party the night before.

He sat up, groaning, a hand to his head. "Fuck..." He exhaled, fumbling for the pills on the table next to him. He downed them with the help of the glass of water someone had set there, and swung his legs over the edge of the bed.

His eyes caught the clock. Two o'clock. Fuck.

"No, no, no, no, I'm two hours late, oh my god, someone help me..." Sam shot into the bathroom, stripping off clothes as he went, leaving a shirt and underwear like a trail behind him. He turned the shower on viciously, scrambling in, snatching the shampoo bottle and dropping it. The slippery bottle crashed into the other bottles, and a huge crash resounded.

"FUCK!"

Sounds of laughter were heard outside. Who the fuck is laughing at this hellish hour?! Sam thought wildly, almost growling in frustration.

"Sam! Sammy!" Dean's cheerful voice drifted through the door, broken up with laughs. "Calm - calm down!"

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down, Dean! I'm two hours late to my own FUCKING wedding!" Sam said in frustration, dumping a load of shampoo onto his hand and throwing it on his hair.

"Gabe turned your clock forward, it's actually only half ten."

"Wha- what?" Sam stopped for a moment, before sinking back against the shower wall in relief. "You're - you're serious?"

So Sam got ready at a much slower pace than before, Dean, Kevin, and Michael helping. Balthazar darted between the two rooms that Sam and Gabe were getting ready separately in, as did Emma and Lucifer, who were appointed maid of honour and best man. Charlie, Cas, Bethany, and Adam were helping Gabe get ready, and Sam could hear them all quite clearly through the wall, cheery and laughing.

Soon, Sam had his hair styled, tuxedo fitted perfectly, and bow tie fixed on. He stood, looking at himself in the mirror, thinking back to when he thought he was never going to get married, once younger, twice when he found out he had cancer. He smiled, fixing a blue-purple flower to his tux, feeling oddly proud of himself.

I thought I was never going to do it, he thought, I thought I was never going to get to do this. And yet here I am. About to marry the love of my life.

🍭🍭🍭

Sam was at the altar, gazing in awe at the decorations and colour-scheme. It was blue-purple and white, white chairs with blue ribbons tied around them facing the altar where Sam and the rest of the groomsmen stood, in the clearing in the woods where the soon-to-be-weds had once lain in the snow and made snow-angels.

Guests were filling in the seats, Lucifer, Dean, Kevin, Michael, and Adam standing in a line next to Sam. Balthazar was behind him, as he was to be the officiator. Sam touched his vows inside his pocket nervously.

It took a while for the anxious Sam to notice, but he realised that as the guests were sitting down, loud fart sounds were erupting. Lucifer and Balthazar burst out laughing as several confused guests pulled out whoopee cushions from under the actual cushions.

"Gabe." A grinning Dean explained to a bewildered Sam.

A quiet settled over the guests, and everyone turned to see Gabriel Novak in a tux identical to Sam's, only with a rather obnoxious-looking rainbow bow tie on, being led down the aisle on Cas's arm, Emma and the rest of the bridesmaids prancing down in front of them, throwing rainbow flag confetti over the red carpet.

Sam's eyes, however, were trained only on Gabe, and their eyes met, Gabe's grin widening and hair ruffling slightly in the soft breeze. Gabe's golden caramel eyes glowed happily at Sam, and his grin softened to a genuine, radiant smile, dimples and crow's feet showing.