32: Go To My Best Friend's Wedding

Lmao there's some anti-trump protests near my town imma join

"...You can walk!"

Gabe stared up at Sam, his mouth hanging open. "Serious?" He propped himself up on his elbows and struggled to look down at his feet, and when Balthazar prodded his toe, Gabe's foot twitched.

Gabe snapped his head around to Sam. Sam was grinning widely, and everyone in the room were either laughing or high-fiving, giving him thumbs-ups.

"I can walk!" Gabe cried, and Sam dove forward, scooping his boyfriend into a tight hug. The two swayed back and forth on the bed, Gabe's face buried in Sam's chest and wondering just how he could have ever forgotten him.

"Well, technically not just yet -"

Gabe and Sam turned their heads to glare at Balthazar. He held up his hands in a surrendering gesture.

"Not yet, but you will eventually. You just need some practice, that's all." The nurse said, looking nervously at the couple.

"Yeah..." Gabe breathed, grinning slightly at Sam. "I'll just need some walking therapy. Then I'll be alright, we'll be alright..."

Sam pulled his boyfriend back in for another hug, tightening his arms around him and just feeling Gabe's small body against his, feeling his arms resting gently around his torso, feeling his heartbeat and his hot breath against his chest.

Everyone else traipsed out of the room, cheering and yelling, Dean shouting something about 'getting dat booze'. Gabe lifted his head and watched them leave, giving them a strange look, before letting his gaze drop onto Sam again, his eyes glowing with joy.

"How are we all even still alive?" He whispered in awe.

Sam brought a gentle hand up to Gabe's face, cupping it and running his thumb over his cheek. "Because of you. You're a hero, Gabe. If it wasn't for you, that homophobe could have killed many more people than he did, and he might have come back to finish the job. Make sure Michael, Dean, Cas, and I were dead. But because of you, he didn't get the chance." Sam looked down at the trickster, smiling softly. Gabe gazed back up at him, mouth slightly open, eyes wide and full of love. "You're a hero. And we owe our lives to you."

🍾🍾🍾

Within a few more weeks, Gabe's leg function had fully returned with extensive walking therapy everyday. Michael and Lucifer had scheduled their wedding for as soon as they possibly could get, as they felt that life could end at any second, so you should do the things you want before it does.

Gabe and Emma had prepared bachelors' parties, and soon it was the night before. There was much debate on who should attend which, and they ended up picking names out of a hat.

"Luci, lmao." Emma said as she unfurled her slip of paper.

"Michael, yeo." Bethany announced.

"Lucifer!" Gabe and Balthazar said at the same time.

"Mikey." Dean grinned, and cheered when he saw that Cas had a matching slip.

"Me too." Kevin said.

"I'm Lucifer." Sam flapped his slip around.

"Hi Lucifer, I'm Dad." Charlie sniggered. Everyone looked awkwardly at each other. "Um... Yeah, I got Luci too."

Eventually the group made it to the neighbouring gay bars that were down the road. Michael's group went into one, Lucifer's into the other.

Michael, Dean, Cas, Bethany, and Kevin sauntered into the bar, which was thronging with LGB people, all dancing and chatting happily. It was a much more relaxed bar than the one next door, which was hosting Lucifer's bachelor party.