Chapter 11: The Egg

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story, however, is mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11: The Egg (Natsu's POV)

"Fire Dragon Roar!"

"Celestial Dragon Wing Attack!"

The lizard-like monster fell to the ground from our attacks. In the cave, there were jewels and jewels (See what I did there) and other valuable items. It takes a few rounds, but we manage to bring back all the treasure.

Our reward was 100,000 jewel which Lucy is using for rent. Lucy also found a silver key on the way. "Natsu, can we walk this time? I don't ever want to go on another death trap again." she says and I laugh "Hey I won't complain." I say and we start walking through the forest to Magnolia.

While Lucy and I were chatting away Lucy trips over falling onto the ground by a tree root. Suddenly an egg falls down from the tree. Lucy quickly catches it. "This egg is huge!" Lucy exclaimed sitting up. "Yea let's take it back to the guild!" I say excitedly. Lucy nods and we take off to the guild.

"Hey, we're back!" I say and march in with Lucy carrying the egg. "Woah, that looks like Happy's egg from when you guys were kids," Macao says. I look closely at the egg.

"Yea and it looks like the egg Charle came out of," Wendy says. I remember running into the guild holding an egg that I thought was a dragon egg and how Lisanna and I took care of it.

"Well if it is a exceed then I'll take good care of it!" Lucy says. The guild was silent for a moment. "Hey. Does anyone know how to take care of an exceed egg?" Lucy asks. Lisanna nudges me and nods toward Lucy. I roll my eyes and speak up.

"Well, I did raise Happy's egg." I look down nervously and the rest of the guild smirks. "Yeah, Natsu should go help Lucy," Mira smirks. Ice brain pushes me toward Lucy and I trip over the loose floor boards. I fall over, taking Lucy with me. Lucy was on the floor with me on top. The egg was the only thing separating us. My face heats up and Lucy has the same reaction. The guild starts "oohing" and "ahhing". I quickly get off her and lunge at Grey.

"Why did you do that Ice Princess?"

"Because you l-"

I cover his mouth and the guild laughs. Lucy doesn't seem to notice. She picks me off the ground and hands the egg to me. She then looks down at Grey. Grey shivers as she lifts him off the ground by his shirt collar. Lucy's other fist lights up with gold and stars.

"Why did you do that? I had an exceed egg! Don't you think that I would want a flying cat since all the other dragonslayers have one!" She yells at Grey then punches him in the stomach. He is knocked out and Lucy drops him on the floor.

She takes the egg from me while the rest of the guild is paralyzed with fear, even Erza. "Come on Natsu! I want to see what comes out of this egg!"she says, suddenly cheerful, and drags me by my hand out the guild hall doors.

"So how do you raise this thing?" Lucy asks. "Well, the main thing is to keep the egg warm," I say and light my hand on fire. "No, you are going to poach the poor think!" Lucy shouts and holds the egg protectively. I roll my eyes "Okay then how do you think we should keep it warm Mrs. Smartypants?" I say.

Lucy ignites her fist and presses the golden rays against my arm. It was a warm feeling, like laying under a blanket. She then surrounds the egg with her magic and holds it. "See it's warm," Lucy says and smiles. She takes my hands and places them over the egg. And we sit there holding the exceed egg waiting for whatever awaits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEYO Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know I say the same thing over and over but still I don't really have anything to put at the end of the chapter sooooo.... Oh, and I got Lucy's Celestial Keys! When they came is the mail I was screaming soo much. I then didn't socialize with anyone for a few hours... BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII