Chapter 22: Preliminary Round

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story however if mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I didn't realize that I didn't put a title XD Sorry!)

Chapter 22: Preliminary Round (Lucy's POV)

We have the received news of Team B's disappearance and I had to drag the boys back from looking since we had a game to start and people were already looking. "We can't just leave them! We have to go look!" Natsu shouts. "Natsu be quiet they're not dead! If they were, then their scent would have been mixed with a rotting smell and it would be 3x as strong!" I shout at him and he skips a breath. "I want to look for them too, but we have to compete!" He turns his head away from me. All I could think to do at the moment was hug him and that's what I did. My arms wrap around his neck as I rub circles on his back. "It's going to be fine. I have faith in our friends." A tear slips out of my eye and I can hear his heartbeat calm down from it previous rapid rate. He hugs me back and we stay like this for a bit before we hear someone clearing their throat.

"Uh guys pay attention. We need to prepare for whatever is at 12:00-" The bell chimes 12 times and I let go of Natsu. "Guys ready yourselfs." I say as I feel the hotel do down into the ground. "Welcome to the preliminary round. Like 2 years back your group must cross the finish line together and magic is allowed. We are not responsible for any deaths. As we go down, I start to see a maze with a force field on top to prevent anyone from jumping to the finish line. "This year we have a maze filled with vicious monsters. The first 8 teams to cross the finish line go on to the main game! Good luck everyone!"

The balconies drop to reveal a giant maze. Let's go guys. This is easy." I say and walk out into the maze. "Open Gate of the Maiden: Virgo!" I shout and Virgo appears. "Virgo can you dig to the finish line?" I ask and she nods her head and drills into the ground "Let's go guys!" I say and start running down the tunnel. Everyone follows me and soon we are at the finish. "Lucy Heartfillia, Natsu Dragneel, Wendy Marvell, Gajeel Redfox, and Laxus Dreyar, congratulation you are the 1st team to come in. You will pass on to the main games. Please pass through the doors and wait for further instructions."

As everyone passed through, I stay behind. "Hey I know you're the king. We had two teams in this game and one of those teams went missing, Team B. I would be in great debt to you if you sent guards to look for them. Please I'm begging you." I say and he looks at me sympathetically. The pumpkin king (A/N Lol just had to add that) nods his head and I smile and continue through the doors.

Everyone was sitting around chatting, except for Natsu. Natsu has his fingers intertwined and is sitting down, thinking. "Hey Natsu! You better stop thinking or you'll damage something." I tease sitting down next to him. There was silence for awhile except the quiet chatter in the background until Natsu spoke up. "Hey, Luce?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think will happen to the others?"

"I think- no I know they'll come back safely. And we'll be waiting like the others did for 7 years."

"Luce?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for saying that. It makes me have hope that they'll come back."

"They will come back."

Then Natsu hugs me. surprise fills me, but I soon calm down and hug him back. "What I can't believe we got second! What stupid guild got in before u-" I hear Sting say, but stops when he see's us. The ends of his hair are still green which makes me laugh. "Yo! Still rocking that hairstyle we gave you Sting?" Natsu says and I laugh. Rogue suddenly walks in with us laughing and Sting beet red. "Oh I didn't see you there Rogue! By the way how are you and the ladies with that hair?" I say and Natsu doubles over in laughter. "Well you're going down because we trained super hard for this with our friends." Sting says crossing his arms, but getting stuck because his skin is still sticky from our prank.

"Yeah well we trained super hard with our parents and increased our magic power by hundreds." I say. "Well we couldn't get into the dragon realm so how did you?" "I made a special request to have an all Fairy Tail member training session for the last 4 months or considering dragon realm time, 16 years." Sting and I start arguing which ended up with me punching him in the stomach softly so he can still line up. "Dragonslayers attention!" I say and Sting and Rogue join the lineup. "Repeat after me or feel my wrath. Fairy Tail is going to find their friends and win the Grand Magic Games." Sure enough they all repeated after me. "Thanks for doing that! It cheered me up!" I say and lay down on a chair in the waiting room.

Over the next hours the guilds came in, in this order:

Fairy Tail

Sabertooth

Mermaid Heel

Lamia Scale

Blue Pegasus

Dwarf Gear (The guild who won last year)

Quatro Cerberus

Twilight Ogre

Pumpkin voice rung through the halls, giving the cue that the preliminary round was over "We have our 8 teams so let's find out who they are in the main games!" I smile at Natsu, who was feeling better after teasing Sting and Rogue, and he smiles back. "Alright! I'm all fired up now!" he shouts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Wow 3 chapters in a day....I think I posted 3 chapters. IDK anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter! leave a vote or a comment to show your support. Follow if you want to read more of my books BAIIIIIIIIIIIIII!