Chapter 40: Attack on Natsu

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story however is mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 40: Attack on Natsu (Lucy's POV)

I wake up. "I know!" I shout and star dress and rush out to the guild where people were working. Master insisted on me getting some sleep since I was working really hard. Levy hasn't got a location on Natsu, but after that dream, I have to trust that it was really him and he is at a volcano.

"I know!" I shout, bursting into the guild. "You know what Lucy?" Levy says looking up from her work. "Where Natsu is!" I shout and I hear a couple of gasps. I explain my dream and talk about the volcano. "Well which one?" Grey says. "I believe that Natsu or E.N.D is at Mt. Kazan (AN: Not a real Volcano in Fairy Tail) the closest volcano to Magnolia." I say and Levy nods in agreement. "I've heard that there is a rather large magma chamber that can be used as a base. Maybe Natsu took shelter in there!" Levy turns to me "Oh by the way Lucy, have you seen that book, Darkness Uncovered? It disappeared." I shrug my shoulders.

"In any case, we need to prepare for the battle against E.N.D and Zeref." I say "Aye Sir!" The guild choruses. I hope that we can get Natsu back to normal. If not, I will use the spell.

"Okay we need attack groups!" Master Mavis says. "If my calculations are correct, Lucy is the only one strong enough to beat Natsu, so her group should be head of the invasion of Mt. Kazan. The groups are: Head group; Lucy, Erza, Juvia, Grey, and Jellal. The exceeds will be with the head group. Right group; Laxus, Mira, Gajeel, and Levy. Left group; Cana, Gildarts, Wendy, and Romeo. The rest will follow in the back. I chose these groups because of compatibility and teamwork. Now let's go!" The guild storms out in formation. I hear a stream of crashes coming from the mountain in the distance. And we go on our way to battle.

As we approach the mountain, I can feel the rumbling beneath my feet. "Fairy Tail! Beware if you thought Natsu was powerful as he was, he is now 5x more powerful than he was before." I few gasps ring out through the guild. "We need to do this. Natsu has saved us so many times, we need to return the favor!" I shout and cheers rise up. I start running up the mountain only to reach a giant hole with a red light coming from below. I jump in with my group. I land on my feet and look around. There is a huge area with tile flooring in an intricate design.

I see Zeref in a throne and Natsu standing next to him. Natsu still had his pink hair, but horns grew from his head. Natsu's body was mostly covered in scales, but his face only had some around the edges. His eyes are now red and he has a red dragon's tail. "Stop screaming. The show is about to begin." Natsu, no E.N.D says in a deep demonic voice.

Zeref chuckles. "I thank you all for being here. E.N.D has been getting anxious for some blood. I grit my teeth and charge at Zeref. E.N.D appears in front of me and I use him as a boost. I flip through the air and swiftly kick Zeref so he goes flying.

"You are very quick with your reflexes and are very powerful, Lucy Heartfillia." Zeref says holding his jaw while standing up. "How do you know my name." I growl. Zeref smirks. A book appears in his hand. "Hey, that is the book I was looking for!" Levy shouts. "I actually know a lot about you, there is a chapter all about the celestial dragon and slayer-" "And Natsu has been telling me that you'll beat me for hours." E.N.D complains. I crack my knuckles and surround myself with golden stars. "Well that's not the case. I can't kill someone who looks so much like a friend." I say and glare at Zeref. "I will kill you Zeref." I growl. Zeref clicks his tongue.

"If you kill me, you kill Natsu. E.N.D, attack." I try my best to keep my straight face, but I fail. Sweat dots my face as E.N.D charges at me. I dodge his attacks. If I kill Zeref, I kill Natsu. That settles it. I will use the spell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys! Sorry if this was short like the last few chapters. I know my chapters are getting shorter and I am sorry about that. I have chapter plots and if I don't follow them, my story will go off track. We have about 4 more chapters before I am going to end the book, but if you would like a sequel, I would love it if you would send me ideas for a sequel. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, leave a vote or a comment. BAIIIII!