Chapter 45: The Song of The Dragons

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story however is mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 45: The Song of The Dragons (Natsu's POV)

Grey bursts through the door, the guild members didn't know because of the fight that broke out. I see Grey walk over to Juvia and I drag Lucy to spy on them. "Look! Is he proposing?" I whisper to her and she nods excitedly. Mira joins us a few seconds later after grabbing her camera. Lucy motions to her to start the camera. "Juvia, I just want to say that even though you used to stalk me, I still loved you and I wanna be with you forever so," Grey gets on his knee. "Will you marry me?" Juvia squeals and hugs Grey really tight causing attention. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" She squeals and Mira passes out. "Why did Mira pass out?" I ask and Lucy shrugs. Suddenly an exceed bursts through the doors. "Lucy?" The tiny voice squeaks. Cel glides toward Lucy and hugs her. "Cel!" Lucy exclaims and I back away to not ruin the moment.

"Wow Natsu! It's been awhile since I've seen you smile, heck since I've seen your face! You were always in a cloak, but now that Lucy's back, you act like you did when you were eighteen." Gramps says as I sit on the bar next to him. "Well she is kinda what held up all together." I say and Gramps laughs. "Yes, but now that she is back, chaos is going to be daily!" Gramps says and I laugh. "Well would you rather have a quiet sad guild?" I say and Gramps shakes his head. Suddenly Grey, in his underpants, crashes into me. "Sorry Natsu! I didn't mean to throw your way!" Lucy says and I shove grey off me.

Lucy stands on the second floors railings, looking down at the chaos she caused and laughs. I jump up with her. "Guys! For the sake of Gramps's bills. Let's move this outside." I say and Gramps looks at me like he would an angel.

We head outside where I secretly open a portal to the dragon realm. "Hey guys!: I yell and Igneel looks at me weirdly. "Aren't you depressed that Lucy's dead?" Layla yells at me. Layla took the death really bad and not hides herself away on her island. "Lucy's not dead." I say and Layla's eyes widen and she rushes out through the portal. The other dragons follow.

I exit the portal only to find Lucy standing ontop of a pile of knocked out people. "Who wants to fight next?" Lucy yells and the people below her groan. "Lucy!" Layla roars and hugs Lucy. "Layla!" Lucy says and hugs the dragon. Igneel grins at the sight of Lucy and at me too. "Well you have made an improvement to your emotions." Igneel says and I grin. "I have! And now that Lucy's back..." "No more pranks." Igneel says plainly. I hear a streaming sound and see Lucy putting whip cream on Igneels head. "Sorry 'bout that. I didn't mean to... oh wait, I did." Lucy jumps down and starts running for her life.

"Hey flame brain!" Grey calls "I'm getting married before you, so beat that!" I laugh "The striper and the stalker! A perfect match." I tease and a tick mark appears on his head. "Well I'd like to see you propose as well as I did!" Grey says "You wanna go Ice princess?" I yell and we start to brawl. "You know what? Imma propose to Lucy 10x better than you did to Juvia!" I shout at him. "Well if so then I am going to have a family before you!" Grey challenges. "Dude, Lucy just got resurrected from the dead today!" I say plainly.

I storm off to the ring shop and buy a ring. It has a red gemstone and a golden gemstone with vines of gold surrounding the two gemstones. I then to to the fireworks store and set up some for tonight. Finally, I ran out of ideas so I asked Mira and Levy what to do and they said dinner outside to see the fireworks and then propose.

I got the dinner set up and the fireworks ready and all I need is the mother's approval. It's kinda hard to miss a dragon flying around town. "Layla!" I shout to her. She lands in front of me.

"Layla I need to ask you something." I say. She cocks her head to the side and I take a deep breath. "I want to propose to Lucy." I say and Layla stays silent for a moment then speaks. "What are you doing still standing here?" I laugh a bit and run off. It is nearly night so I try to find Lucy. Of course she is kinda hard to miss too. I wizard saint running around causing trouble.

"Luce!" I shout, trying to keep up to her fast pace. "Yeah?" She yells through the wind. "I wanna show you something." I say and she stops running. "Sure!" She says and I grab her hand run to the spot the Mria, Levy. and I set up. "Wow Natsu! You did this?" She asks and I nod. "This is very nice." She says and I look behind her. Mira and Levy had a camera. I give them a stern look and they giggle. Lucy turns around and they hide quickly. "I thought I heard someone." Lucy says slowly and we sit down at the clothes table.

(Play the song)

Happy comes out in a chefs outfit. "Good evening! Tonight we will be having a plate of chips with salsa and guacamole as an appetizer, spaghetti and an entree, and strawberry cake as a dessert. For our selection of drinks we have water, milkshakes, and lemonade." Happy says. Lucy starts laughing. "It is super hard to take you seriously wearing that outfit and taking like a professional." Lucy says giggling.

I laugh along with her. We order our drinks from 'chef' Happy and soon chatting away like we would any normal day two years ago. "Y'know? It is really hard to believe that you were dead the other day and alive now. To us, it's like Lisanna all over again-" "Except I actually died." Lucy adds. "True, but when Lisanna 'died', the guild didn't react like this. Maybe it was the fact that they saw it happen right in front of them and then the surprise of seeing you enter the guild." "I guess I can see why everyone would react differently at my death." Lucy says.

We receive our food and halfway through our meal, I checked my watch. 7:29 PM. The fireworks are at 7:30 PM. I clear my throat "Lucy, there is something else I added to this night if you would look up..." Almost on cue the fireworks like up the sky. It showed the fairy tail guild mark and wrote the words 'Fairy Tail' a couple of times. "Natsu! You did this?" Lucy exclaims and I nod.

She continues to look at the sky and then the big part comes up...

(This is in the sky)

Lucy I have a question....

Will you marry me?

I hold out the box open to the ring and the words tumble out of my mouth. "Lucy. Will you marry me?" Lucy smiles and nods with tears in her eyes. "Yes Natsu."

The fireworks explode as Lucy and I kiss. Off in the distance, I hear a familiar series of roars.

The Song of The Dragons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! That was the last chapter :(, but if you want a sequel then I will write it! It might be shorter than this book and it will take a bit to plan it, but it would come. Anyway hope you enjoyed this story! Leave a vote and a comment of this chapter or any of the chapters to show your support. I couldn't have wrote this entire book without your support so I want to say thank you for all the nice comments and support. BAIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!