Chapter 4: A Dark Influence

Terra stood before Neptune, or Purple Heart, his sword against her long Katana like blade. They remained still for a moment, until Neptune took the initiative once more. She ran forward, serving forward several slices which Terra parried. Terra returned his own attacks, which Neptune parried herself before two struck simultaneously...their blades clashing.

They both struck each other blades three-times...before Neptune struck Terra's sword hard, to off-balance him, going for a vertical swing. The blade struck Terra, but caused a faint red line upon his shoulder. Terra countered with a broad swing, glancing Neptune's stomach which made jumped away at least 10ft in distance.

Neptune landed, rubbing her stomach for a moment as the line disappeared, before grinning "It seems I can afford to fight more seriously. Sorry about sandbagging, I just needed to make sure you can handle yourself"

"Well it's important to warm-up after all" Terra said "Well then Neptune, ladies first" Neptune chuckled

"Flattery won't help you here. Now then..." Neptune jumped into the air, clearing 7ft and hovered gently in the air.

Terra saw her floating in the air "Well...here I come Neptune immediately flew at Terra, striking with a broad slice of her blade. Terra did go to block but found her strength surprising as he got blown off her feet. He tumbled backwards on the floor, scraping the ground to stop but soon as he got up...Neptune appeared behind him with another slice of her sword.

Terra barely avoided the blade, which just glanced his shoulder and went to counter attack. Terra began series of sword-swings which Neptune simply evaded out of the way. As Terra went with thrust, Neptune flew over him and then 'jumped' on his back to knock him forwards to the ground. Terra quickly picked himself back up as Neptune landed.

Terra once more charged at Neptune, who gripped her blade, to which she jumped and appeared before Terra surprisingly "Cross Combo" Neptune began a series of wind-mill like slices at Terra, who took every strike again with no injury. Neptune then did an upwards swing, to lift Terra into the air, before flying up after him and slamming him down, with a downwards slice, smashing him into the ground.

For I.F she looked a bit sceptical of Terra's power "Can I ask you Gear are you sure Terra is as strong as you say? Nep isn't trying too hard yet"

"You just haven't seen Terra fighting his best yet Iffy" Compa said

"Maybe not but at this rate the fight won't last too long" the doubt of Terra was shared by the CPU's who watched from above

"I'm beginning to wonder if Neptune exaggerated a bit" said Black Heart unimpressed "This Terra isn't even a challenge" it was then Terra, who was face on the ground, simply got up "what the?"

"I think you spoke a little soon there" Green Heart "And looking at him, Terra doesn't look too hurt"

Terra had got to his feet, a little dirtied and bruised, but otherwise fine "It seems this Terra is at least capable of taking a hit" White Heart said "That much I will give him but it's no good being a punching bag. You need to dish it out too"

"Let's give it a bit more time" said Green Heart "Maybe we'll see this power Neptune spoke of" Terra looked up at Neptune

"I guess I'd better go full force" Terra said "I can't really hold back against you. As I am...I'll lose before I can breathe"