Chapter 13: Introduction of White Part 2

"Hello everyone, good old Neppy-tune here...welcoming you back. Well I'll keep this nice and shorty. Me and my heroic comrades – after a little help of Cybercon – are all headed to where we need to go. I still wonder what these 'awkward' monsters are...and more I think about it the more I quiver. Well we can only wait and see...as the trees look to finally be ending"

To the group they could see the corridor of trees now opening...with a blinding light at the end of the forest tunnely "Finally...I was starting to get bored of seeing trees" said Terra groaning

"I lost count at a hundred and two" said Plutia tiredly

"A hundred and two?" said Noire a little bewildered before shrugging her shoulders "well it's about time...here's hoping that girl didn't trick us"

"Have a little faith Noire" said Terra looking happy to see the end "and look...we're here...and flowers, flowers everywhere"

They four of them had come to a very open area of the forest, the floor covered in flowers with only a single dirt path going through the middle. Flowers of blue, white, yellow and red dominated the floor with the odd apple tree otherwise breaking up the landscape. The area was still enclosed by trees which made up the border, minus the stone wall at the back. It was well lit by the many gaps in the forest canopy.

Plutia looked round in wonder "Woooww...look at all the flowers! They all sooo pretty"

"Well then Noire...that is suspicious Noire" said Neptune with a wry smile "It seems Cybercon...wasn't trying to trick us"

"I was merely being cautious" said Noire a little defensively "You can't trust every single person you meet"

"Well...here's the valley" said Terra looking round "But it seems peaceful...I don't see a monster in sight"

"Still...these flowers seem really pretty" said Plutia kneeling down at the front "I might take a few of these home" as she went to grab some by the stalks "Huh?"

"What is it?"

"I feel something squishy...and bouncy in my hands"

"Then pull her out and see what it is" said Neptune to which Plutia did...only to regret it"

In her hands was a lazy-eyed bug. It was mostly lightly dark orange, a strip on its belly a dark shade with a fin along it's spine. It had two eyes, one green and one brown, both looking in different directions and seemed to have six short jointed legs. Plutia sort of froze as she held it, the bug making an odd mixture of a chirp and screech "ahhhhhhh....euuuuwww" before Plutia threw it away as it landed in the flowers. Plutia retracted backwards as Neptune looked bugged out 

"What the heck was that?"

"Some kind of insect maybe" suggested Terra

"It was all weird...and slimy" said Plutia

"Oh relax...its gone now" said Noire before multiple rustling sounds were brought to their attention.

All around flowers were being swayed, as were the leaves in the trees, until...more of the same creature made itself known. Numerous bugs came onto the dirt plain, some poked out of the flowers and others came from the trees. They were thirty or so all looking at the group, a few approaching with chirps and squeaks.