Chapter 14: Folly of Youth

The trio drove on, the plains bumping them somewhat as they drove "I hope the city is okay" said Plutia hanging onto Terra "that is if it's not too ruined"

"Well from that NPC guy that came" said Neptune hanging on to the passenger car "it sounds like for now the rogue bots have been given the play-pen treatment"

"Still...we don't have know how...umm...kitted out these robots are" said Terra "They must be somewhat strong for the soldiers to barely contain them"

"Well we can transform if we have to " said Plutia "and the best part is we go hit them as hard as we want...and not feeling guilty about them hurting them"

"That sounded a little dark" said Neptune "but you are right. As for you Terra...you'd better go to Purple Mode from the get go"

"Yeah I know" Terra then looked on "I'll make sure I won't lose again...because if that happens they'll be no coming back"

They group came to see Lastation in view, two plumes of smoke leaking from the right side of the town with plenty of noise sounding. Terra drove into the town itself, a crowd of citizens looking on the chaos while streams of citizens ran out aided by Lastation soldiers along with Cybercon and Marvelous. Marvelous had in her arms a little girl, jumping down from a roof before handing her to her mother "Cybercon...Marvelous" the trio got off the scooter

"hey guys...you got here just in time" said Cybercon a little anxious "some big, and I mean big, machines are currently shooting up the place"

"We're helping with the evacuation effort" said Marvelous "but it won't be long until the machines break out"

"What about Noire...have you seen her?" asked Plutia

"About ten minutes ago" said Cybercon pointing "you guys go on ahead and leave the innocents to us"

"You two are just great aren't you?" said Neptune "come on you two...let's boogy" running against the thinning panicked crowd they headed to where they need to go.

Going through the street they saw a line of soldiers, with laser guns at the ready, guarding 10ft tall metal walls with the sounds of bangs and whirring coming from the other side of it. The soldiers looked rather panicked "Well this is where we need to be" Terra said who brought out his sword "So let's get to it"

"Everyone let us through" called Neptune who changed to Purple Heart "your world's favourite protag is here to help"

"Yeah...we're here to destroy the mean-machines" Plutia added

"It's the CPU's of Planeptune!?" "have they come to help!?" "Black Heart did say so!"

"You two take a hand" said Neptune flying taking one of Terra's and Plutia's "let's go" Neptune air-lifted the pair over the soldiers...and over the wall to see the machines on the other side.

The area enclosed was a large complex with two roads to the left and forward. Machines of three sizes looked to be running rampant. The most common were Rusty yellow, small compressed spherical robots, with oval red dots, were darting about firing red lasers at walls and buildings or charging into windows.

About fair in number were the sized bi-ped robots, with piston like legs, stood at seven foot tall. They were most green, the torsos however black with simple circle face of two red eyes and a line. Its right hand was a machine gun of black and it's other hand a metal sharp pincer. It also seemed to fire rockets from a back-pack of sorts attached to its back with it's face just a red eye.