Chapter 39: --- By Dark Part 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia's LC Mk 2

Lost in Victory

Chapter 39: --- By Dark Part 2

The battle with Enfive continued, Enfive demonstrating his prowess to the team. Despite their teamwork, and the occasional amount of damage Enfive was too powerful and would often swipe them away. Much like the first team of Goddess' fatigue was beginning to affect Neptune and Nepgear "It shouldn't be long now" said Enfive "I can tell your energy is slipping...soon you won't even be able to stand"

"Neptune...Nepgear are you both alright?" asked Falcom

"For now yes" said Nepgear "But...something feels off"

"Same with me" said Neptune grabbing her katana "I get the feeling we're going to run out before he does"

"Isn't there anything we can do?" asked Marvelous "because I don't mean to worry you...but both sides are running out of time"

To the distance they saw the Team of Goddess being rather dominated by Arfoire's power, hitting the ground with moderate slams "Just make it easy on yourselves" said Enfive "If you surrender...I promise to make it quick"

"We're not going to give in to you" said Falcom coming forward "We'll fight until we drop"

"Why not? It's more fun this way" Falcom came in, with sword swings at the ready.

As normal Enfive would parry and evade her every shot "You're making this easy" said Enfive knocking her off-balance and going in with both blades "After training with Master for long enough...you'd think I wouldn't know how she fights" Falcom dug deep

"You've got no right...call the other me Master!" Falcom suddenly jumped, backward and with a kick shrug Enfive's face "Now Fierce Edge!" then jumping back struck him head on. Enfive came back up to guard but the shot blasted him backwards.

As Enfive showed his bruised "You...are not her student" said Falcom pointing her blade "You aren't the person I would train. There's no goodness in your heart"

"Don't start with that justice slop on me" said Enfive running to Falcom "The point is...all the training she put me through, will be what does away with you"

"It wasn't you she trained! It was Terra, her student whom she cared for like family! She wouldn't train a black-heart like you!" in that one moment, a brief moment of hesitation hit Enfive which Falcom exposed.

Falcom evaded Enfive's not fully precise blow, and came in with a punch to his chest, going into an uppercut "Falcom out of the way!" called Nepgear "Multiple Beam Launcher!" as Falcom jumped Enfive was hit by the beam, which appeared to work but almost in anger Enfive reacted and digging his heels pushed the beam away.

Enfive looked mildly hurt, and lightly irritated "You're...really beginning to tick me off! Terra...was fake you got me? He's gone now, he was never meant to be here to begin with"

"We don't care about that!" said Neptune "We're going to get him back, whether you like it or not" as Enfive's anger grew, he seemed to flinch again

"Why...why!? What makes him so special!? You just want to get rid of me, to get him back. I've spent more than enough time, trapped and sealed away...I won't let some sentimental driv-drivel" he shook his head "deny me what was mine"