Chapter 3: Challenge of the Nations

Nepgear, Terra and Compa had just finished the quest involving the slaying of the Dogoo's and dragon. It had revealed Terra's powers to the girls and Nepgears heritage as a Goddess Candidate to the town of Planeptune. They had all arrived back to town, now the early evening, having handed in their request results and earned their reward.

Terra had let off a small yawn, as he stepped out of the guild arms stretching his body a bit heavy and stiff "Ahhhhhhh...sorry about that. I'm feeling rather run down now after the day we h"

"Well it has been a long day" said Compa "Of course you'll be tired Terra with all the fighting you did. What will you do now?"

"I'm going to call it a day and head back to the inn" Terra said stretching "I'll probably get some food, head back to the inn and get some shut-eye"

"Oh you're staying at an inn?" asked Nepgear "Oh yeah...I forgot you don't live here after all"

"That's why I did the quest, so I can pay for food and spend the night here for the next day"

"Yeah you did say that?" Nepgear said a bit disappointed "but no matter, that means we can meet again tomorrow"

Terra tilted his head in mild surprise "you...want to meet me again?"

"Well why not? We are friends after all" Nepgear said as if it was obvious "I had a lot of fun questing together, so I thought we could go on more adventure"

"And then I can introduce you to Nep-Nep" said Compa "I'm sure that she'll like you too. She's very energetic and friendly"

"Oh then...when do you want to meet next?" asked Terra

"How about tomorrow morning?" suggested Nepgear "At the guild, since you now know where it is"

"Yeah that sounds alright" Terra said with a smile "Well then, I'll see you all tomorrow...and goodnight" and with a wave Terra headed off.

As Nepgear and Compa headed back home, they couldn't help but comment on Terra's power "It's hard to believe how strong he is. I haven't seen a human use power like that for"

"Especially at the end" said Compa "You know when he used that electro-ball on that monster" Compa mimicked the action "It went flying, like a plasma missile into the sky"

"And Terra is quite dependable, if a little shy. I just know Neptune is going to like him a whole" the same young woman, who had watched Terra's battle from before, appeared before them

"That's precisely why...I need a favour out of you two"

"Huh? Nep?" the girl shushed Nepgear with a gesture

"Don't give the game away yet. There are people reading after all. Now...about that favour I need of you"

The night had arrived and Terra had arrived at his room. It was just simple long room, with beds lined up along both walls where other warriors and visitors slept for the night. He laid upon his bed, his sword propped up against side, his hands behind his head "Not a bad first day If I may say so. I made two friends, two cute ones, and one of those was a CPU. I really am surprised though...for what I've heard Nepgear...was a lot more human looking than I imagined. Well here's hoping day 2 is better...nighty-night" and with that he closed his eyes, relaxing into a slumber