Chapter 15: Towards the Source

"Theodore here welcomes you to the tale...of this grand adventure. Our heroes...go on their triumphant quest to vanquish the evil that is injustice. The black jewel of Gamindustry is under siege by a mechanical menace, our young hero now with hair of black joins the regal guardian of Lastation Black Heart to take care of the few remaining mechanical evils"

"Right, right hold up here!" I.F steps through "What the heck is up with you?"

"Oh...loyal comrade, how fortuitous to see you in this grand morning's venture"

"Did you...hurt yourself this morning?"

"Nothing...what-what...so ev-ever"

"That...didn't even make sense"

"Nothing seems to...what about....things like...the"

"And that one wasn't even a sentence. I'm getting you checked out and as for those of you watching...let the story roll on" I.F pushes Theodore out

"I...sometimes...feelll...sooo...very...verryyy...thrilled to meet...your...future which is"

"Ooo...kaayyy? Like I said...just roll the story"

"BRII-III-IGHTTT"

"Just play it already!"

Terra and Noire zipped through Lastation heading towards the plume of smoke that peaked over the city to take out the last of the machines. Noire was still in CPU form but it was showing that fatigue was gripping her as it was Terra though to a lighter extent. Terra was running behind her, arms behind him, in his...not quite so purple enhanced mode.

After a sort of lecture from Noire, Terra's hair had now changed to black (Leaning to Dark blue) and with it new power flowed through his body. Terra kept his eyes focused, looking through the area for any machines, seeing Noire falter a bit "Don't push it Noire" he said to her "We're got to conserve what energy we can"

"You don't...need to tell me that" said Noire

"Just...rely on me if you need it. You CPU's might be enpowered by share energy...but you still get tired like everyone else"

"I...wish I could disagree with you there" Noire said sighing before putting back on her confident front "but half of my energy use was you...so I expect you to pull double time"

"If I can...sure" while Noire nodded she had a worried thought

"Here's hoping Terra hasn't burned too much energy...because I don't know how much longer I can remain in HDD"

Turning a corner they two arrived at the scene of the smoke, a skyscraper, and looking near it the two felt somewhat frustrated "It...had to be one of them didn't it?" Terra said a little concerned

"I now regret making two of those" said Noire as they looked upon another large robot, alongside several mediums and smalls fighting off Neptune and Plutia "with the rest of my so called Defence Force"

"No...I don't think it was a bad idea, it was just making so many of them was"

"Don't remind me" she said rubbing her face

Plutia and Neptune cleaved through the small and medium robots, ambushed by laser fire from the large machines under-belly turrets that knocked them to the ground. Both looked severely fatigued in their stances, and by the fact both of them could hardly stand "I knew...we should've gone for...the biggest one first" said Neptune leaning on her blade