Chapter 52: The Depths of Bright Wishes

The fight against Arfoire had – in a sense – reached it's second stage. Now stands in her HDD form, and having now acquired the power of Vert leaving only Neptune's to take. Plutia's power was sealed, Vert, Blanc and Noire weakened leaving Neptune and Terra left to truly face her.

Neptune was biding time for Terra, playing defensively and dodging what she could. Neptune kept her distance, cleaving through any special sent her way "Over here Arfoire"

"It seems you can dance Purple Heart" said Arfoire "But you are doing nothing more than scurrying away like a mouse before it's predator"

"If it annoys you...you'll just have to catch me then won't you?" Neptune jumped away "Terra...hurry up here. This façade is only for show you know"

As for Nepgear and Falcom they had regained their breath, but still lightly panted "Right Marvelous...we're getting back to it" said Nepgear

"Just pace yourselves better" said Marvelous "I'll be there to join you once Terra has arrived. In-fact I'm going to go scout for him now"

"Be careful...and see you then" said Falcom as the three separated.

As for Terra and the kids, they continued driving forward under the cloud of darkness "Histoire...how much longer?" asked Peashy impatiently

"Should only be a few more minutes" said Histoire

"And...it seems we already have company" said Terra looking forward to machines already in view "IF...Gas!"

"Got it!" IF pushed down the gas-pedal harder making the truck go a bit faster.

The large truck served to be a fairly decent plough, smashing through the small to medium machine. Terra steered away from the big ones "Good thing you went for the extra-large IF" said Terra

"And you wonder why?" asked IF "But if we're running through Machines...we must be close"

"We'd best run-through the plan" said Histoire "We first find a safe place for the truck, out of harms reach. Terra will set out to fight Arfoire, and you Peashy will begin destroying as many machines as possible"

"I have to be careful...and not get hurt" said Peashy "And until you say so...I call myself Yellow Heart"

"Good girl for remembering" Terra said smiling to her making her chuckle "Once I've learnt of Arfoire's fighting style, I'll call on you for help...I think I'll need it"

"Just look for the loud bangs and lots of colours" said Compa

"Okay"

Terra saw the large mountain, of which Marvelous was perched, in the distance "There...that spot looks okay to hide the truck" said Terra "Now next question. What will you three do? As in IF, Compa and Histoire"

"I shall stay to assist Compa and IF" said Histoire

"As for us" said Compa "We'll make sure the tired CPU's are on the truck, to make the quick get-away"

"If any of them look unable to fight" said IF "we'll wait until the coast is clear and bring them here"

"Good" said Terra "Right...then we're nearly there"