Too Young

Too Young

At 17 years old, Lucy knew what she had felt for the 22 year old she had come to know as her best friend's brother. But he had never fully accepted her as anyone but his best friend's little sister.

It was painful to see him come with different girls every time she was over at Gray's house.

The only person who understood how she felt were her friends and even they had doubt in her attraction for the older boy.

"It's a 5 year age gap it would be illegal for such a relationship." Levy tried to talk some sense into her friend. The blue haired girl found it impossible for her best friend to be crushing on Natsu Dragneel. The well known player who attentes Fairy Tail College.

"He's a great friend but he uses girls Lucy, I wouldn't trust him at all." Gray would tell her constantly. The raven haired boy didn't want Lucy to date the pink haired boy because he would constantly hear the many tales of the girl's Natsu would be with.

So when Lucy was waiting for Gray to get out of the shower, Lucy walked in the kitchen to see a white haired girl.

"Oh you must be Lucy, Gray's best friend. Natsu has told me a lot about you." She smiled nicely holding out a hand for her to shake. "I'm Lisanna, Natsu's best friend."

Strangely Lisanna had this big sister vibe and so Lucy made the bold choice of opening up to her.

Having a 20 year old friend showed her a new light and she finally confessed her feelings for Natsu.

"So Lucy told you about her small crush on my best friend?" Gray asked walking in on them.

"It's not a crush Gray." The boy shrugged and sat beside his best friend. Lisanna laughed lightly and winked at Lucy.

"I got your back Lucy." Lucy smiled softly and was happy of the choice she made.

The time came when Natsu walked down stairs and told Lisanna if she was ready to go.

"Oh you met Lucy?" The pink haired boy asked glancing at the blonde haired girl with an unreadable expression.

"Yeah she's a beautiful isn't she Natsu?" Lisanna teased lightly.

"Yeah...but she's my brother's little friend so that's kinda disturbing." With that the boy walked out and Lisanna sighed shaking her head.

"Give it time Lucy." She spoke up. With that she followed him out. Gray rested a hand on Lucy and the girl shook her head putting a smile on her face.

"I'm in it for the long game Gray, I'm not giving up that easily." Gray smiled brightly and nodded his head.

~*~

     Lucy smiled at Gray as she followed him inside his apartment, it has been two months and Lucy finally turned 18 years old. They had just dropped off Levy and her boyfriend.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Gray asked the blonde haired girl, Lucy nodded with a smile. "Well you can stay in the living room I'm going to call Juvia and take a shower."

Lucy nodded and sat on the couch pulling out her phone, it was 7:40 pm and she wasn't as tired as she thought she was.

The door slammed open and Lucy turned to see Natsu walked in. His hands were bruised up and he had a black eye.

"Natsu are you ok?" She asked standing up. The pink haired boy ignored her and walked to the kitchen.

Her phone made a small sound and Lucy looked down to see it was from Lisanna.

Lucy if Natsu got there can you patch him up? He got in a fight maybe he'll tell you why ;)

Lucy simply walked over to the kitchen, Natsu was leaning on the sink trying to wipe away the blood. Lucy dug into the freezer and pulled out frozen pees, she walked up to him.

Natsu looked up, his onyx eyes boring into her brown orbs. He was about to speak up, but Lucy silenced him with a look. She put the bag on his bruised eye and it caused him to wince.

She grabbed his hand and put it on the bag, she then walked to the bathroom and found the first aid kit. She was use to patching people up, after all Gray had a short temper too.

"Let me see your hand Natsu." Lucy ordered holding out her hand. The pink haired boy mumbled something and gave her his free hand.

It was bruised up and Lucy shook her head cleaning it. It was silent for a few moments until Lucy finished.

"Keep that on your eyes until it goes down ok?" She spoke up. The boy nodded mumbled an ok.

"When the boys on the team saw you leaving with Gray they said Gray was lucky to have two girls, I told them you weren't dating him and one of the guys said something disgusting." He spoke up quietly. Lucy looked at him, his eyes were focused on his fist. "I might've bruised his face up badly." He brought the frozen bag down, it was melting slowly.

Lucy smiled and softly touched his bruised eye, she rested a hand on his cheek and he looked at her.

"Thanks Natsu." His face turned red and he looked away. Lucy chucked softly and pulled her hand away.

Gray watched from his room and smirked.

"Take care of her Natsu." And with that he shut the door softly.

Comment your thoughts below