Dynasty

Sypnosis 

Lucy is getting married.

 ///

D Y N A S T Y

///

   Lucy walked down the aisle, the veil covering her eyes as she looked around the room. Faces of his family members, his friends, and his work partners. She then looked at her side where only two friends sat down smiling at her. their smile didn't meet their eyes. Her breath hitched seeing that they were the only two people form her life that showed up. Levy and Lisanna had told her they'd go, but no one else would come. 

She stiffly smiled back and allowed the man beside her lead her up to her soon-to-be husband, his blonde hair was gelled back. He nodded at her and lifted the veil up, exposing her to the room. Did she really want this? He took her hand in his and it felt wrong. Her heart clenched and she looked down at their hands.

"Hey, Luce do you think tomorrow we can go to a movie?" Natsu had asked her as they sat on her roof at midnight. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a braid and Natsu's sweater was wrapped around her body. She turned to look at him with a soft grin, his pink hair was ruffled up with a grin on his own lips.

They were sitting down at a table eating food with the group. She was looking down at her phone seated beside Natsu as usual. He was talking to Gajeel with food in his mouth and without looking away, she lifted her hand to touch his jaw closing his mouth. A reminder to eat, chew and swallow before talking, Natsu swallowed his food and she took away her hand. 

"Goodness you're like a married couple," Levy spoke up smiling knowingly at Lucy, Gajeel nodded his head agreeing with his girlfriend. Lucy blushed and shook her head. 

"We're not even dating." She choked out.

"Yet." Natsu commented drinking his soda with a smile. 

They had started dating, after high school, they went to the same college until he had gotten in an accident. A kid had been walking down a street at a stop sign and a car ignored the sign and drove down still. Natsu shoved the kid aside and took the hit, his head cracking in the cement. Natsu had saved the kid and had died in the process, he was on his way to their date. Lucy got the phone call once their food had been brought out, she rushed out of there. He died at the scene and she never got to say goodbye. That had been 7 years ago and she was now 30 years old and still not over it. 

She had been depressed over the death for several years and refused to talk about it or mention it. Lisanna and Levy helped her through it, Lisanna was the one who set her up with Liam. She couldn't do it. Not to Natsu. She felt someone touch her cheek and looked up to see Liam look at her with worried eyes. She took away her hand and shook her head.

"I can't, I'm sorry." She ran out of the chapel not sparing a look back. 

"I love you, Luce." Lucy looked at her lap to see Natsu looked up at her, he lifted his hand to touch her face lightly. Smiling back down at him she touched his hand.

"I love you too." 

"Lucy!" She turned to face Lisanna and Levy. Lucy went towards them crying and they pulled her into a tight hug.

"I can't, I miss him. I miss him so much."

"So have you thought about having kids?" Her father asked at their daily morning breakfast, Lucy choked on her orange juice and Natsu started laughing. 

"Dad!" Lucy scowled turning as red as her friend's hair. Natsu rested his hand on her own and looked at her dad.

"Not yet." Jude smiled at Natsu.

"I'm not getting any younger you know." 

Her father broke down after hearing about Natsu and she remembered he spent the entire day trying to comfort her as well as trying to comfort himself. Natus and Jude were close it got to the point where Jude had told him to start calling him dad, Jude liked Natsu's personality and how he never tried hurting his daughter.