Treat You Better 3

At first I was just going to leave it at part 2, but then I hate it when one shots end like that.

For sure I'm leaving the losing your memory like that, no happy ending for that one shot and I didn't want another sad ending one so maybe there might be a happy ending on this final part or a sad ending or maybe they all die because the world exploded.

PS : if anyone watched girl meets world there's a quote in this one ;)

Treat You Better
Part 3

Natsu walked towards Lucy slowly and the blonde haired girl slowly looked up to see him staring at her with a worried expression on his face.

"Who did this Luce?" He asked bending down to meet her eyes.

"You did." Lucy knew she couldn't say that, it wasn't fair because he was already with a girl that he loves.

"A guy I like isn't with the right girl." She whispered wiping her tears, Happy looked up at her sadly. "I want to tell him so badly that I could treat him better, I love him so much, but he only sees me as a small child who doesn't even know what love is."

Natsu felt his heart break seeing her so sad and vulnerable, but for some reason he felt jealous of the guy who had caught Lucy's heart.

"Tell him." Natsu whispered back taking her hand gently. "Tell him how you feel, you can't cry and think that everything will be solved."

"I'm crying because I know I don't have the courage to tell him, besides he's in love with this girl who doesn't even treat him right." Lucy looked away from Natsu's gaze.

"If you tell him and if it was meant to be than he'll realize that the right girl for him has always been in front of him." Natsu spoke up, he slowly pulled her face to look at him.

Her brown eyes were red and puffy from crying and her cheeks were still wet from the tears that had been falling down.

Everything was still and Lucy's heart was beating rapidly, how did a 17 year old girl fall for a 20 year old boy.

But she realized how she felt for him when she was 15 and he was 18 years old and she remembered when she had kissed him, but it broke her heart when he said let's forget it ever happened.

She didn't blame him though, the age difference was in the way.

"I like you Natsu." She whispered quietly. Natsu's eyes were wide and he slowly let go of her hands.

"Lucy I-we-we can't." He looked away from her. Lucy knew she had to do it sooner or later so she slowly grabbed his face making him look at her.

"Natsu Dragneel I've liked you since I was 15 and I never did stop liking you."

Natsu stared at the young girl in front of him, he was so close to her, yet their age was so far from each other.

She had just turned 17, he was turning 21 in a few months.

"Lucy I'm engaged, it would have never worked between us. Your young and beautiful, you don't want an old guy like me." He whispered. "I mean my mom was younger than my dad and she wasn't happy with him at all, their relationship didn't last."

"That's why I had to move in with my uncle Igneel." Lucy remembered he has explained his family situation.

Lucy shook her head and smiles softly.

"I never believed in love Natsu, or ever liking a boy for so long because I witnessed how my parents were with each other." She whispered softly. "But you showed me something I thought I had lost a whole back. You showed me something that I never believed."

Natsu looked at her carefully, her smile had always warmed up his heart and he felt something for her. He had been hiding it for so long, but he knew it was for the best.

He shook his head, he slowly let go of her hands and stared at her for a while.

"I could treat him better..." So he was the one that she cried for. Natsu frowned at the thought of hurting his best friend.

"Lucy, you have always made me smile and you've always been there for me." He spoke up. "Your beautiful, smart and intelligent, any guy would be lucky to have you, but I can't be that guy because I'm older than you and I already have someone."

He got up and turned away from her.

"I'll send Gray to pick up happy tomorrow." He opened he door. "I'm sorry Luce." He whispered quietly.

The door shut and its sound echoed in the empty house.

Lucy once more felt her heart shatter and this time for good.

"You hope for something Happy and you get disappointed." She whispered bringing her knees up to her chest. "Hope is for suckers." She buried her head in her arms and cried once more.