The Princess & The Dragon

made while listening to Young and Beautiful

///

not your normal 'princess and dragon' story

///

The Princess & The Dragon

Natsu first came to the Fairy Tail Kingdom when he was 11 years of age, he was one of the fourth known dragons around the world. It was unheard of since there was only supposed to be three Dragon vessels. Rogue of Sabertooth,  Gajeel of a small village, and Zeref of Fairy Tail. Unfortunately, Zeref had gone missing ever since the battle of Acnologia. The young pink-haired vessel had decided to go on a journey with his newly formed group, Gray had introduced him to many new people. He met Lisanna, Erza, and many other faces. 

Every time he had gone into a new Kingdom or village he was asked the same question, will you be our vessel? Each time he had politely declined, he had no reason to stay in one place. He was brought into this era to prevent any more wars, to prevent any more deaths. Lisanna had brought him into her Kingdom and there he met a 17-year-old Lucy Heartfillia. The beautiful princess of the Kingdom, her magic was simple, and yet she was powerful enough to form a barrier around her Kingdom. 

"If she keeps it up like that, the young girl will die early." A servant had whispered to another quietly as the Princess walked by. Her long blonde hair blew elegantly in the breeze, the smell of cherry blossoms followed her. 

"And who are you?" She asked Natsu as he stood in front of her with Gray and Erza behind him. 

"This is Natsu Dragneel, a vessel of the Fire-type Dragon your highness." Erza introduced as she bowed in respect. Lucy Heartfillia gave him one look and merely looked at her Father who stroked his beard. He glanced at his older advisor, Makarov, the older man nodded at the King. 

"Which Kingdom are you apart of Dragon?" He asked. Natsu looked slightly confused until it finally occurred to him that it was probably normal for a Dragon to be the vessel of a Kingdom. 

"None. I prefer to travel." He answered with a cheeky smile, this only caused the Princess to laugh. Natsu looked at her, captivated by her light brown orbs, it reminded him of the lights around the sacred palace. 

"Well there's your answer father, if I may be excused I must let the sorcerer aware of the situation. He had been acting strangely at the appearance of this Dragon." With that, she curtsied and walked down the stairs to the doors. 

Natsu had hoped this wouldn't be the last he saw of her. 

---

Lucy Heartfillia was 18 when she saw the 12-year-old Dragon Vessel. His hair was ruffled up and he was smiling brightly at her from her window. He had surprised her with an unusual visit out of nowhere without any announcement or letter. 

"What can I help you with?" She asked politely, one must always be respectful towards the Dragon Vessels. Zeref had told her this before his disappearance during the war.