I Can't Lose You

This may be a one shot to a book I'm planning of writing for NaLu and Damon and Mai are two characters I created.

The picture above is a portrayal of the two, but here's another happy ending and the Pokemon book will be updated later on this week :)

Please comment your thoughts, they always make me inspired to write more frequently.

I Can't Lose You
An AU One-Shot

Natsu was currently sitting down looking out the window with one of his teammates. It was a difficult academy and it wasn't a safe place at all, but he couldn't disappoint his dad.

"Hey Damon can I ask you something?" He asked the Raven haired boy who was sitting beside him.

"Sure what's wrong?" The boy responded glancing at his friend with curiosity.

"How can you become compatible with your partner, I understand that Mai and you don't exactly see eye to eye, but how are you so close at the same time?"

Damon thought back to the moment where he had went on a mission without her. He was gone for two months at an unsafe area where many trainers had gotten killed. He remembered the way she looked at him when he told her, the betrayal and anger, but then when she looked away he saw an emotion that he had only seen when her father disowned her, hurt. When he came back 2 months later, the look on her face had made him wonder how he survived without her, how could he live without her- the crazy, hyper girl that he called his partner.

"When I went away for that A class mission, I returned realizing how much I cared for her- how much I cared for Mai." Damon whispered to him. "This is about Lucy right?"

"Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind arguing with her, Lucy can be so," Natsu thought for a few minutes. "So.."

"Unpredictable?" Damon offered.

"Yeah!" Natsu exclaimed falling back on his seat. "She's mad one moment and happy the next, like she's pregnant! Igneel told me my mom was the exact same way when she was pregnant with me." Natsu explained.

"It's best not to compare her to a pregnant woman." Damon told his friend.

"Lucy drives me crazy sometimes."

"Then why are you here?" Damon asked. "Why did you practically sacrifice yourself for your partner?"

Natsu looked down at his bandaged arm, it was broken and his torso was also wrapped up. The cords were all connected to him and Natsu smiled softly looking down.

"Because I realized in that moment, even though she is a crazy person I can't live without her either."

~*~

Lucy stood outside the hospital door. The room where her partner was in, after two weeks he had woken up, but he wanted to see his best friend Damon first for some reason.

"You ok Lucy?" She turned around to see a brown haired girl, Damon's partner and close friend.

"Yeah I'm just worried for him, it's my fault he's in there if I would've paid attention he wouldn't be in there."

Mai looked at the girl with worry and she smiled gently putting an arm on her shoulder.

"People do crazy things for the people they like." She whispered remembering the words her mother said.

Lucy blushed rapidly and was about to speak up when the door opened. Damon's eyes widened seeing his partner in front of the door with Lucy.

"Mai?" The brown haired girl smiled creepily, she grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the door and pushed Lucy inside.

"What are you up too?" He asked suspiciously. Mai smiled at him sweetly and shrugged.

"You saw it coming too Damon, you know you did." Damon shook his head and grabbed her hand.

"Let's go Cupid."

~*~

Lucy looked at Natsu who was back in his bed. She saw his messed up arm and felt her tears threatening to come out.

The pink haired boy felt his mouth go dry as he saw his partner wth a sad look, her eyes already watery.

"Luc-" the girl rushing over gently bringing him into a hug.

"Please never do that again Natsu..." She whispered. "I don't want to lose you." Natsu relaxed and hugged her back tightly.

"I can't stand the thought of losing you either Luce." He whispered back.

~•~

What are your thoughts on Damon and Mai? Would you like to see more of the two?

What was your favorite POV? Natsu or Lucy's talk?