Treat You Better

Treat You Better

Lucy had watched Natsu break down in her arms every time he came back from visiting his girlfriend, Hani.

"She doesn't understand that I can't always be there for her, I'm busy with college and work." Lucy nodded understanding his situation.

But this time it was different.

He came knocking on her door with a lifeless expression, his eyes were Gleaming and he had a unreadable expression.

Although he was two years older than her, Lucy was more mature than his girlfriend and she remembered the last time she tried to explain Natsu's situation to his girlfriend ( who is also her friend ) Hani got angry and took it out on Natsu.

For a 21 year old, Natsu was still a little childish, yet when he was around Hani, he was a completely mature boy.

He was only himself around Lucy and that's what made her happy, he wasn't afraid to be himself.

"Natsu what happened?" She asked. She grabbed his hand and felt the electricity she had always felt when she was near him.

It was true she, a high school student, had a huge crush on her long time friend, but she backed down for her friend Hani.

"I realized something...."

Did you realize that I like you?

"What'd you realize?" She asked softly.

"That maybe if I proposed to Hani, she won't have to feel insecure." Natsu answered excitedly.

Lucy felt her heart shattered, but smiled at him.

"Imagine how happy she'd be." She felt as if her voice was going to crack. "I say you do it." Don't do it please.

He smiled at her and caused her heart to beat slowly once more, oh how she fell for the pink haired boy.

He brought her into a tight hug.

"Thanks Luce."

"What are friends for."

~*~

3 weeks later

Lucy hadn't heard from Natsu or Hani and was wondering if everything was alright.

Though she got her answer when something came in from the mail.

Your invited to our wedding.

Lucy fell back into her bed, crying her heart out.