The Life Of Natsu

prepare yourselves

Natsu was 17 when he met her.  Her smile was the most wonderful thing in the world and it made him forget all the pain that was within him.

He was 17 when he realized he had his first actual crush.

He was 18 when he realized this crush was lasting longer than he expected. He wouldn't let any harm come to her at all. He made sure she was safe and that he would try his best to protect her.

Natsu was 19 when he realized he had grown to love her deeply.

He was 20 when she confessed to him, he can still remember how relieved he felt to know that his feelings weren't one sided. He can still remember gray handing levy a $20 bill. They had made a bet that Natsu wouldn't confess first.

He was 20 when he had his first kiss with her. Lisanna was there to snap the picture for Mira.

He was 21 when he lost his virginity to her and it was also the day when they both told each other I love you.

He was 22 when he told Lucy 3 words that he would soon regret.

Let's break up

He remembered how her face fell and how she ran out of his house crying.

Natsu was 23 when he found another girlfriend. It wasn't the same, there was no spark and her smile didn't light up his day at all.

It just left him yearning for Lucy.

He was 24 when he gave up on love and romance, he just worked.

Natsu was still 24 when he saw her again, she was walking next to a guy and laughing while holding hands with him. Natsu felt his heart drop.

He was 25 when she saw him walking out of the grocery store with Lisanna. She smiled at him as she greeted him. Damn her smile lit up his day and Lisanna must have caught on to it, because she quickly excused herself and winked at Natsu before leaving.

He was 26 when they got back together. Somehow she still trusted him, and for that he was grateful because he made a promise to her the night they got together.

I promise I'll take care of you

And she responded with.

I always had faith in you. Now let's go home.

She smiled at him as she took his hand. Natsu was love struck. He loved her so much that he couldn't imagine a life without her.

Natsu was 27 when he proposed to her. She smiled so brightly that the bystanders stopped to look at her in awe. He didn't blame them, she was always lighting up his day.

He was 28 when she mentioned 6 words that lit up his day.

"How do you feel about kids?"

He was 29 when they had a little girl whom they named Nashi.

He was 29 when he realized that he was grateful for his beautiful wife and his lovely child. He wouldn't trade this moment for anything.

He was 31 when they had another kid, Nashi now had Luke.

He was 36 when he realized that every happy ending must come to an end.

He was 36 when he got the call while he was away from home.

The three words that shook up his wonderful life. The three words that will forever haunt him.

Lucy is dead.

Natsu remembered how the funeral was, it was full of crying people who were hurt like he was. But his pain was unbearable, he just wanted to die.

But he then looked down at his two children who had just lost their mother. Their beautiful mother who was always there with them while their dad was away.

He knelt down and brought them into a hug and whispered the three words that Lucy had told him when they got back together.

Let's go home

Comment your thoughts :)