MISSING

"What the hell did you do to my friends!?" - Mai

Situation : This takes place in a alternative universe, where few teenagers, adults along with children have special abilities. Teams have been formed, but of course there is always a villain and that is the masked group who kill or take the abilities of others. Natsu and Lucy have joined a group called Fairy Tail after Lucy's father dies and their former team goes separate ways. Natsu's ability is the fire element, while Lucy can see and hear spirits of the celestial world, when someone is close to death she screams. During this one-shot, Natsu has gone missing after his team is attacked while scouting the area. So Lucy and Mai ( OC ) go looking for clues on where he could be.

Missing

      Lucy walked beside Mai, her hand clutched the key tightly. They were trying to locate Natsu, he had been missing for 1 day already when he was on a mission with Lisanna and Happy. They had found Lisanna tied to a tree beaten to the pulp, happy was barely breathing when they found him a mile away from where Lisanna had been found. At the moment the two were in critical condition, Lucy couldn't ignore the whispers around her. Being a Banshee wasn't the greatest thing when her friend was missing.

She was losing her mind without him. Mai had offered to help her look for Natsu and the two went out to where they had found Lisanna and Happy, perhaps there were clues to help them on their search. She then noticed a river up ahead, a branch over it as if it were covering something.

"That's strange, no one said there was a river over here." Mai commented. Lucy heard the whispering grow louder and she shook her head trying to ignore them. "You ok Lucy?" The brown haired girl asked her friend.

"Yeah I'm fine, Let's go back the river is growing higher and it's going to take that makeshift bridge with it." Lucy answered turning around to head back. Mai nodded and started to walk back to their camp.

The blonde haired girl stopped abruptly, paused in her tracks. It was as if an invisible barrier refused to let turn back, it was like something was preventing her from turning away from the river and the bridge. A wind blew across the forest and caused Lucy's hair to blow on her face. Her gaze drifted towards the direction the wind blew in, it was towards the river.

Her eyebrows drew together and her lips parted, a light buzz purred against her ears. Lucy's vision grew blurry and everything was spinning. Her heart pounded rapidly against her chest and she stumbled backwards. Mai turned around noticing her friend's strange behavior.

"Lucy are you ok?" She asked, worry was laced in her tone. Her blood ran cold and her fingers twitched, she knew this feeling all to well. It had come to her on many occasions, when Igneel, the master and her father had died. Though this one seemed more disturbing than the others.