Healing Incantation

The song above is what inspired me to write this one shot. 

The singer - Anna - is an amazing singer and all her covers are wonderful.

Tangled Style AU

Many things have been changed

Synopsis

Lucy is a mermaid that has the ability to heal with her hair by singing a song. Natsu is a pirate who is protecting her, along with his crew.  If Lucy goes into the water, she can no longer be a human and must stay a mermaid.

Healing Incantation 

     Lucy ran up to the rail of the ship, her long blonde hair was hidden within a cap that Natsu had given her during their journey. Lucy's hands clutched the old wooden rail as she watched helplessly. Natsu was currently fighting against him - against his own brother. Zeref was not holding back and the two seemed to be in a discussion as well, what ever Zeref was saying was distracting the pink haired pirate. Natsu looked angry and swung his sword, not thinking at all.

Zeref smirked darkly as he swung, Natsu's sword went down and as the pink haired boy looked up at his older brother, Zeref swung once more. Erza, Gray and the rest crew stopped fighting their own opponents to watch their former captain in anger and horror. Watched as their former captain stab their current captain.

"Natsu!" Lisanna yelled as her older sister held her back, the pink haired fell from the main mast and plunged into the dark waters.  

"If you dive into the waters my daughter, you will never be able to return to the human lands." His words echoed in her ears as she let pulled off the hat letting her long golden hair fall to the floor. Lucy dived into the waters, a soft glow formed around her legs and a beautiful golden tail appeared replacing her legs. Her shirt was replaced by a strapless white top that covered her upper area. She swam towards Natsu who was falling deeper into the water. 

Lucy stroked his cheek and held him close to her. She steadied them and hummed lightly. Several fish surrounded the two, creating a barrier. 

Her hair glowed, causing the water to light up. 

Flower gleam and glow

Let your power shine

Make the clock reverse

Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt

Change the Fate's design

Save what has been lost

Bring back what once was mine

What once was mine

The light glowing turned to a deeper golden glow. Lucy shut her eyes and her forehead rested on his own forehead. Her tears mixing in with the sea water. The fish swam around them, their whispering was soft. 

"C'mon Natsu, I can't lose you..." She whispered. More tears feel, blending in with the water.

"Again...sing it again..." Lucy took in a deep breath, she opened her eyes and stroked his cheek again. Kissing his cheek before singing more softly and slower. 

Flower gleam and glow

Let your power shine

Make the clock reverse

Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt

Change the Fate's design

Save what has been lost

Bring back what once was mine

What once was mine

A soft white light surrounded his wound and the blood was gone, and his eyes opened. Lucy smiled down at him and he grabbed her hand. His onyx eyes bored into her brown eyes.

"You're welcome." She whispered. She swam up to the surface with him, the fish following the pair. "Go save your friends." Natsu then realised something. 

"Lucy...you risked it...." He whispered as he reached the ladder that went to the main deck. Lucy looked at her tail and looked back at him. 

"A sacrifice that was worth it." She smiled softly. Natsu looked at her and then at the ship, his brother was throwing Gray around. The raven haired boy was no match for Natsu's demonic brother.

 "Go Natsu." She turned around to swim away, but he grabbed her arm. His lips met hers and then they were gone. 

"Thank you Luce." Lucy blushed and looked away. 

"If you use the flower's power, your life will shorten depending on how many times you sing it my daughter. That is the curse of the flower."

"The same risk my mother made when she saved my father." Lucy looked up seeing a flame erupt. "It was worth it."

Comment your thoughts