Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 2)~Graduation

Aphmau's POV (Ages, 17-18)

"Laurance, come on! We gotta go!" I yell from downstairs. How can he take longer to get ready then I can, "We're gonna be late!" I continue. 

"I'm coming! Calm down!" He says as he walks down the stairs in his sunset orange gown. 

"Come on, you're graduating!" I gleam. 

He chuckles nervously and walks out of his house with me. We get to the school after about 15 minutes of talking and walking. I stop him by the doorstep, I can tell he's nervous. 

"Laurance, look at me. You're going to do great. We've rehearsed your speech a million times and you did great. You look so handsome!" I gush, fixing the tie under his gown. 

He blushes when I call him handsome, but I think nothing of it. I smile, and walk him inside, I grab his hand to squeeze it, but his hand's sweaty.

 "Laurance, your hands are sweaty. You're nervous, don't be. You'll do fine." I assure, letting go of his hand as we walk inside the huge room. 

It's normally a basket ball court, but our school rented it out for graduation. I hand him his orange hat that I had in my purse. I get onto my tip toes then place it on his head, allowing him to adjust it. 

"Perfection!" I make an ok sign. 

He chuckles and takes a deep breath. We walk down to where the other graduates are, "This is as far as I can go, since I'm not graduating until next year. You're going to go great, you look great, you speech sounds great. You'll do fine." I assure. 

He smiles, and kisses me on the forehead, then walks into the crowd of orange caps and gowns. I smile, looking around the crowd of people to find Cadenza. Our parents are in Scaleswind, so they couldn't come, so it's just Cadenza and I for support. She seems to be saving a seat for me, so I walk to her. 

"This seat is taken." She scoffs. 

"By a purse?" I play along. 

"Yes." She holds in giggles, but fails. 

She moves her purse, letting me sit down, "Thanks for saving me a seat." I thank. 

"No problem." She replies, both of us putting out purses under the chair. 

We talk until someone speaks up on the huge speaker, "Now, graduates and visitors, please give Laurance Meteli to the stage!" Applaud roars throughout the room. 

Laurance gets up, and the side of his face that I see is red as a tomato. He looks at Cadenza and I. 

"You're going to do fine." I mouth to him. 

He smiles and walks on stage. He starts talking to us, not breaking contact with Cadenza and I. 

"Hi, I'm Laurance Meteli. Well, these past 4 years of highschool have been rough... But here we are, finally graduating. We all had our rough times, and our bullies, but now, we're our own people, going into this big world. And I couldn't be more glad that this moment is here." He talks. 

He smiles and everyone starts clapping, whooping and more. It echoes thru out the room until he sits down in his seat. I feel my phone go off in my pocket.

Laurance🙃: Aphmau, I was so nervous.

Me: You did fine!

Laurance🙃:Uhhh... I don't know.

Me: Stop, you're making me blush 🙃

Laurance🙃:What? 😏

Me: Stop texting me and go up and get your diploma!😡😡

His name was called a second time. Laurance gets up, blushing again then shoots daggers at me. I can't help but laugh. Cadenza looks at me weird and I show her my phone. She chuckles, then we watch Laurance walk up the stairs, then onto the stage. He gives a few handshakes, then gets his diploma. 

"Whooo!" Some people call, along with clapping. 

I stop the video I was recording for our parents. He walks down the stairs, and back to his seat. Everyone else's name is called, and the graduates get up. I can't see Laurance since everyone else is standing, but everyone's caps are thrown in the air with a big cheer. The cheering roars in the walls of the room, echoing for a minute after. 

Everyone in the audience goes outside, to wait for the graduates. Cadenza and I stand outside, waiting for Laurance and we find him in a suit that I helped him pick. He has a dark blue button up shirt, with black pants and a black jacket. His shoes are black, and he has a dark green tie. I run up to him, and hug him. He picks me up, spinning me around 

"I'm so proud of you." I gush. 

"Thank you." He muffles into my hair, putting me down. 

I hug him again, then let go and Cadenza does the same, "I got the video." I but in. 

We get in Cadenza's car and I show Laurance the video. Cadenza drives us to a restaurant, a little diner-like place with a cozy aura. We eat for about an hour, visiting and gushing to Laurance about how proud we are. We also talk about what he would like to major in when he gets to college, and he says that he doesn't know yet. Which I can understand. We continue talking until we pay and leave, going to his house to throw a small party. It's him, and a couple of his friends who graduated, such as Katelyn, Jeffory and Kiki. 

There are other people, but I don't necessarily know all of them. The party last for about 3 hours, with Cadenza and me on our toes, hosting everyone. Laurance looks like he's having a good time with the rest of the graduates. After everyone's gone, and we're done cleaning up, I plop onto the couch. I lay my head on Laurance's lap with Cadenza sitting in the lounge chair by the couch. I look at and see a blushing Laurance 

"Hey." I greet. He looks down at me and smile. 

"Puhhleeassseee?" I plead. 

He knows what I want him to do. He runs his fingers through my hair, playing with it while our eyes are glued to the TV. Next thing I know, I'm dozed off into a deep sleep.