Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 24)~Ivy's Fault

A/N: The new episode of MCD just tugged on my little fangirl heart </3 qq

Jeffory's POV

The four of us raced out of the corridors, "This way!" I yell, directing everyone through the twisty halls that I've practically memorized. 

"What about Zane?" Aphmau asks. 

"All of us together are unstoppable. We'll be able to defeat him easily." I reply. 

"And the guards?" She continues. 

"Pawns." I state, emotionless. 

After that, the only thing that can be heard are our breaths and the pitter patter of our feet slamming into the ground (And the occasional water puddle splashing). Aphmau and Katelyn's breaths are short and shaky as Laurance and I are just out of breath. Once the four of us reach the doors, Laurance and I swing the gate-like doors open. The warmness of the sun completely washes away the cold aura from us. Warmth runs over our bodies. 

"Come on, before they catch up!" Katelyn exclaims. 

The 'Catch Your Breath Break' was obviously over quickly as we started running again, "Your guy's place?" I suggest. 

"No, that'd be too easy... Why not the palace?" Aphmau thinks.

"The trackers in our skin..." Katelyn and I say in sync. 

Aphmau and Laurance turn around, both looking at us as Katelyn and I go to a complete stop, "What?" Aphmau questions. 

"Go on without us, we'll only make you more noticeable." Katelyn offers. 

"We can't do that." Laurance states. 

"You have to, we have trackers in our skin. Zane can pull up our trackers on some computer thing, and we'll all be found. Kate and I will only slow you down..." I explain. 

"You know I hate that name." Katelyn mummers. 

Since now is not the time to mess around, I don't say anything and just ignore her statement, "We insist you come with us." Laurance insists. 

Katelyn and I glance at each other, then run off to where Aphmau and Laurance can't follow (or find) us. This is our fight with Zane, not theirs.

Laurance's POV

Jeffory and Katelyn run off at the speed of light. We would've lost them before we could even find them if we did go after the two of them, "Wait... Wait!" Aphmau calls out. 

"It's no use. They're gone and we have to go to Garroth." I say somberly.

 Aphmau grows silent for a second, "Lets go." She commands. 

She and I walk to Garroth's palace (or his place). Once we get there, the guards let us in without hesitation due to the fact that they know that Aphmau and I are friends of Garroth. 

"Garroth!" I call out, my words echoing off the walls. 

Aphmau smacks my shoulder, "Zane could be here! Quiet down!" She exclaims in a scolding tone, her voice almost in a whisper. 

"Sorry." I whisper, rubbing my shoulder slightly. 

I lower my hand quickly. She scowls, then we head up the staircase, all the way to Garroth's room, "G-Get away!" Garroth exclaims, his voice muffled from the door. 

"No." A female voice replies. 

Aphmau and I glance at each other, then burst through the door, into the room. Garroth is pinned to the wall by a girl with hot pink hair and electric blue eyes. The girl's eyes narrow as she catches sight of Aphmau and I. Garroth's eyes (on the other hand) are thankful and joyous at our arrival.