Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 30)~Meeting The Worst Casanova Ever

Dedicated to @brookcupcakez

A/N: Hey, guys! I'm thinking about changing my username. Tell me in the comments if you have any suggestions. The only thing that the username needs to have is the word 'Car' or 'Carleigh'. Thanks! ~Car

****

Aphmau's POV

Once Dante cloaks us, we run out of the apartment, leaving everything behind. It's time to start a new life. A new beginning... Away from O'khasis, away from Zane, away from the struggles that we carry. 

"Quickly!" I exclaim as we climb the O'khasian wall. I glance at Vylad and Garroth, them both having a nervous look painted on their face.

"Are you ok?" I ask both of the Ro'Meave brothers. Vylad and Garroth glance at each other, then at me. Garroth nods, "Then, lets go!" I exclaim cheerfully. 

I know that this must be hard... For both of them, but this is what we have to do if we want to be happy. I hop off the gate, my wings softening my fall. Everyone else jumps down, then we bolt thru the woods. Eventually, Dante's cloaking spell wares off, making us visible to the rest of the world and not just each other. I stop to catch my breath, someone bumping into me. The two of us fall to the ground. I look up and see Laurance towering over me. His arms are on the ground by my head, giving his body support. 

"S-Sorry." Laurance stutters. 

"It's... It's fine." I reply as Laurance gets off the ground. 

He helps me up. Everyone stares at us, "No time to make out now! We have running to do!" Dante exclaims, eager to get out of O'khasis. 

"Ok, ok. Pushy." Laurance jokes. 

Dante groans, then we continue running through the forest. Eventually, we make our way to Narakah Village.

"We should rest here for the night... It's almost 3AM. We can continue tonight." Vylad suggests.

I glance at everyone, "Lets do it... Vylad, Garroth, be discreet. We don't want anyone suspecting anything." I order calmly.

The two Ro'Meave brothers nod, then we creep into Narakah. We walk into a place (That is supposedly an inn), just to meet an innkeeper. 

"Hello! I'm Chad Augustine The Third! I own Chad Augustine's Inn! How may I help you?" Chad (the innkeeper; he's made that very clear) asks. 

He seems cheery. "We need a room for the night." I glance at the four boys, "Two rooms, actually." I finish, not looking at Chad. I twist my head over to him. I walk up to the desk, Chad handing me two room keys, "Room 38 and Room 39." I read aloud. 

I place a diamond on Chad's desk, then walk over to the boys, "Vylad, Garroth and Dante in room 39. Laurance and I in room 38. Ok?" I give Garroth the room key to 39. 

The three nod, then scurry off. Laurance looks around the lobby uncomfortably, "Come on, Laurance. It can't be that bad." I nudge him playfully. 

Laurance rolls his eyes, chuckling. We then walk into Room 38, which has two beds. Thank Irene. I take my jacket and shoes off, leaving me in khaki jeans and a lilac tank top. 

"Night, Laurance." I say. 

"Night, Aph." Laurance replies. 

He kicks his shoes and shirt off, then climbs into his bed. I do the same. Laurance reaches over and turns off the lamp on the nightstand between us. Without words exchanged, we snuggle into our beds and fall asleep in a matter of seconds.

~The Next Morning, Aphmau's POV

Once I wake up, I slip on my shoes and jacket. Laurance throws his shirt on, then puts his shoes on, "Ready?" I ask as I fix my hair in the small mirror given. 

"Yea, lets go." Laurance replies. 

He and I walk out of the room, meeting Dante, Garroth and Vylad in the lobby, "How long have you guys been out here?" I ask. 

"Not long, only a couple seconds." Garroth informs. 

"That's good. I would hate to keep you guys waiting." I add. 

Garroth flashes me a smile, then we all walk out, thanking Chad for letting us stay here on such short notice. As we're walking, I feel someone bump my shoulder. 

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" I exclaim harshly at the boy. 

The boy turns around, having white hair and emerald eyes, "Sorry mi--" He cuts himself off, "Heyy, baby." The man walks closer. 

He grabs my hand and places a kiss on it, but I flinch away quickly. Garroth and Laurance glare at the white haired boy, "Who are you?" I ask. 

"Name's Travis." The white haired boy informs. 

"Aphmau.." I reply, shaking his hand hesitantly. 

Once I release, I motion to Laurance, "Laurance, Dante, Gar--" I motion to the boys as I say their name, but cut myself off before I say either Vylad or Garroth, "Gary and Victor." I cover the mistake quickly. I can see the Ro'Meave brothers take a sigh of relief. 

"Follow me, guys." Travis leads us along. 

"Are you sure we can trust him?" Laurance asks quietly as we start walking. 

"Nope." I pop the 'p', "I guess we'll just have to find out for ourselves." I finish. Laurance seems hesitant, but doesn't question it. Lets get to know this... Travis guy.