Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 19)~An Unusual Patrol

Laurance's POV

Once I have my armor, Garroth and I make our way to the guard tower. We reach the top, the wind whipping rapidly. Wind cuts thru my hair as the sun reflects off of our armor and gleams off of our eyes. Shivers send down my spine as the cold air hits my face. I mess with my fingers, trying to ignore and subside the coldness by distracting myself with something else. Let me just tell you this... It didn't work. The cold breeze nips at my nose. I can feel my face growing into a red color due to the coldness. The sun starts to set, signalling the end of a very... Eventful day. Out of all the silence, the sound of a creaking ladder fills the quiet guard tower. 

I turn around, Garroth already starring down at it from the other side of the tower's room. Raven black hair appears, it soon being followed by beautiful caramel eyes. My angel (Aphmau) appears as she steps onto the floor that Garroth and I are on. 

"Hey." I greet, my voice husky and raspy from the coldness. 

Nobody other than Aphmau knows this, but when I'm cold (especially in the Winter), it changes the tone of my voice, making it more raspy, husky and/or scratchy. Depends on the temperature. Garroth looks at me confused with the sudden voice change. Aphmau looks at me, then I nod. She gives me a weak smile, then explains to Garroth why my voice is the way it is. 

"When Laurance gets cold, his voice changes tones. It'll either be raspy, husky or scratchy. Sometimes a combination of both." She explains. 

Garroth nods, understanding the circumstances. Suddenly, something pushes Aphmau back with force. She stumbles in my direction, soon tripping on my foot and tumbling over (Taking me with her). I ignore the pain in my foot, and hold Aphmau's waist, making sure she's ok. 

"Are you ok?" I ask. 

She's blushing a furious red while I have a light pink tint lining my cheeks. Aphmau nods sheepishly as she tries to get out of my grasp. My grip tightens on her waist as she struggles. 

"Laurance, let go." Aphmau giggles a bit at the end. 

I hear Garroth grunt. I look over Aph's shoulder to see Garroth fighting a familiar figure. Her hair sways side to side, shoulder to shoulder. Her hair is a snowy white, it almost blending with her pale skin color. Garroth pushes her onto the ground, her violet eyes coming into glimpse. I avert my eyes quickly, knowing that Garroth will handle it. I stare into Aphmau's caramel eyes. 

"Sasha, give it up!" Garroth growls from behind me. 

Hm, I guess Sasha's her name. She's one of the women that attacked Aphmau and I earlier this day. But... How'd she get out of the prison? Thoughts whirl thru my head, but I forcefully push them aside, making Aphmau my main focus. 

"Can you get up?" I question, surprised at the stuttering that hasn't been coming out of my mouth. 

"I-I think I can...! L-Let me try." She shudders. She then tries to get up, but loses her balance and falls atop of me again, "Sorry." She apologizes, our faces only a couple inches apart. 

"Stop making out! We gotta leave before the others come!" Garroth snaps. 

Aphmau rolls off of me, accidentally falling face first into the wooden floor. She whimpers a bit, but I help her up. 

"Our place... Now." I state, stepping over the unconscious Sasha that's laying on the floor. 

Garroth, Aph and I then bolt to our condo. We meet Dante inside of it, who's lounging on the couch. He looks over the couch pillows, panic and confusion immediately painting onto his face once he sees Aphmau and the blood on Garroth's armor. Dante hops over the couch, making his way to us. I take a good look at Aphmau's face, trying to find the reason why Dante's so panicked. Her face is completely clear though...

"You may not be able to see this, but she's in a bad condition." Dante states. 

"How do you know?" I ask. "Magicks. I have x-ray Magicks, traveling Magicks and spying Magicks." Dante explains. 

"That's how you knew..." I think aloud.

"Yep!" Dante exclaims happily as he takes Aph from my grip. 

He places her on the kitchen counter, then starts inspecting her face. Aphmau looks confused, yet willing. She knows that Dante only has good intentions in helping her wounds. 

"Laurance, do you have any disinfectant?" Dante asks, only inches away from her face. 

Jealousy runs over my body, and I can tell Garroth feels the same way... Jealous. Garroth's body tenses up as he clenches his palms into a fist. The expression on his face hardens, but softens quickly when he realizes I was looking. 

"Yea! I'll get it." I reply. 

Dante thanks me, then I start rummaging thru the medical cabinet until I find the correct supplies. I hand Dante the things that I managed to scavenge, then leave him to the rest. He grabs a cotton ball, dabs it in disinfectant then starts rubbing it all over Aph's face. 

"Take this." Dante hands her a glass of water. He hands her a pill, then she gulps it down with the waters help. 

"Will she be alright Dant--" I start. 

Aphmau falls over immediately, Dante catching her in his arms. He hoists her up to where he can hold her, then takes her out of the place. He lays her in her room, with Garroth and I trailing shortly behind. 

"What'd you do to her?" Garroth growls before I can. Dante had just shut the door. 

"The medicine I gave her will and did knock her out instantly. The medicine will only heal her as she sleeps." Dante informs. 

I sigh, not wanting to pick a fight. Garroth senses my emotion, then leaves it at Dante's explanation.