Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 15)~The Jury vs The Shadows.

Aphmau's POV

I wake up, still thinking about Laurance and mine's conversation. Did he actually like me? Did I actually like him? Ugh, I should stop thinking about this and just get up already... I pull the overs off of me and walk into the kitchen. As soon as I make myself a bowl of cereal, I hear someone yawning and getting up. I glance over the couch to see Lowell sitting there. 

"Lowell? I thought you were at the motel.." I trail off. 

"Laurance brought me back here, I guess." He replies. 

I nod, understanding. Lowell turns back into a pup, then I hear another door open. It's Laurance. Tension already rises, and he's not really even in the room yet, "L-Laurance." I start. When do I ever stutter? 

"Aphmau..." Laurance replies. 

Lowell leaves the room going out of the little dog house I didn't even know we had...? I don't know. I ignore that and look Laurance in the eyes. He locks eyes with me, and we just stare at each other for a few minutes. 

"Was it true?" I ask. 

Laurance thinks for a moment, "Uh... Y-Yes." He replies. 

I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room, completely forgetting the food I had previously made. We look each other in the eyes again. 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I question. 

He looks down, "I was scared of rejection and didn't know how to say it. You obviously heard Lowell and my conversation, so I guess I didn't really get to tell you the way I wanted to." He explains, putting his head up. 

I hug him tightly without warning. He wraps his arms around me and we stay like that for a few moments. We then release. He suddenly cups my face with his palms, then pulls me closer to him. He collides our lips into a kiss. As cliche as it sounds, there were fireworks in every which direction.

Garroth's POV

I'm currently on patrol and I so happen to go past Aphmau's house. I accidentally pier thru the window to see Aphmau

and Laurance

KISSING?

WHAT?!

Laurance's POV

Firecrackers are everywhere, you could just hear fireworks boom. I then pull away. I look out the window, having the feeling we're being watched. I see Garroth's blonde hair getting farther and farther away. I bolt out of the house, leaving Aph dumbfounded. 

"GARROTH... GARROTH!" I yell as I run at the speed of light. 

I finally catch up to him as we're on the outskirts of O'khasis. I'm now panting, sweat trickling down my face, "G-Garroth... A-Are you ok?" I ask, catching my breath. 

"No." Garroth replies sternly. 

"Why'd you run off?" I question. 

"Why'd you follow me?" He snaps. 

"Because I know when someone's hurt... And you are." I answer. 

"I'm not hurt!" Garroth yells. 

"You are.. You can always talk to me." I offer. 

"Why would I talk to the person that hurt me?" Garroth shoots back. 

It hits me in the heart like a knife. I hurt him? IT WAS BECAUSE.... No, I have to fix this... But how? I hear small pants coming from the bushes. I look in that direction. 

"LAURANCE, LOOK OUT!" I hear someone scream. 

It sounds like Aphmau. I whip my head around in the direction of Garroth to see his sword raised and ready to slice me in half. 

"GARROTH! Think about what you're doing!" I exclaim. 

I carefully grab the emerald sword that's on my back. Emerald vs Diamond, this should be eventful. Garroth scowls, so I do the same. He then charges for me, our weapons clashing. I twist mine around, causing Garroth's sword to fall to the ground. 

"Thought you'd be stronger for a guard and a heir." I taunt, smirking.

Garroth grows angrier, then turns into a bigger, evil side of him. The color in his skin is mostly drained, the color of his hair isn't as bright. His eyes are darker. His grin has an evil regard. I glance at Aphmau, who I can see over the bushes. 

"I'm sorry..." I mouth to her. I look back at Garroth, scowling. 

I then transform into my Shadow Knight form. Black and red armor laces down my arms as a blood red sword fits perfectly in my hand. Scars line down under my red eyes. 

"You're not the only evil one here... Garroth." I snap. 

My voice has a darker and more demon-like tint to it. It's not that hard to notice. Garroth and I clash swords. I then see a blinding light. When it disappears, Aphmau is in the middle of us. She has wings like an angel (literally) with a quartz sword. Gold and white particles swirl around her, similar to Garroth who has blue particles around him. 

"Aphmau... Get out of this!" I command. 

I can tell by the look in Garroth's eyes that he agrees. Garroth thinks for a second, "Aphmau... Go." He says quietly. 

"WE SAID GO!" I yell. 

She doesn't move. Garroth and I glance at each other, then he grabs Aphmau and puts her on the sidelines. He gets back into formation, "This is for us to handle." I growl. I charge at Garroth, tackling him to the ground, "You're not the only annoying person I've met." I snap.

Uh oh, I'm losing control. Aphmau can sense it, "GARROTH, GET OUT OF THERE NOW!" Aphmau yells. 

He doesn't listen. Aphmau then comes in and pushes Garroth away. I start to loose control. Everything goes black for me. I can feel myself doing things, but I can't see it. I NEED TO REGAIN CONTROL.

Aphmau's POV

I could see Laurance's eyes getting darker, "GARROTH, GET OUT OF THERE NOW!" I warn. 

He doesn't even pay attention to me. I take a reassuring breath, then run into the fight. I push Garroth out of the way, "Laurance has lost control." I mutter to Garroth. 

Laurance starts swinging his sword in random directions in attempt to hit someone. His eyes are crimson instead of the vibrant red they were before. Soon enough, Laurance calms down. His eyes return to the vibrant red color, then he falls to the ground, knocked out. 

"Garroth, help me get him out of here." I say. 

Garroth nods, turning back into his Jury Of Nine form (He told me that was his 'Jury Of Nine' form while Laurance was losing control) then he helps me get Laurance back to the town. Laurance turns back into his human form, so Garroth does the same. We get Laurance to the clinic immediately. I hope he's ok...!