Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 3)~Moving Out

Laurance's POV (Ages 17-18)

I look around my house for Aphmau, "APHMAU!" I scream. She runs downstairs, "I'm still so proud of you for graduating!" I hug her. 

"I graduated yesterday, Laurance." She chuckles. 

"I know, but you're still my little Aphmau!" I spin her around. 

She giggles, kicking her feet, "Laurance, put me down!" She continues to giggle

"Never! I'm never letting go!" I squint my eyes. I put her feet on the floor, but I still don't let go of her, "I'll put you down, but I'm not letting go." I assure. 

"Fine." She sighs, her grip on my waist growing tighter. 

"Aphmau... Too... Tight." I croak. 

Her grip loosens, "I'm glad I have you, Laurance." She muffles into my chest. 

"I l-- I'm glad I have you too." I reply. My heart beats faster, I just about admitted my feelings. Ever since I was 13 (Or was it 14? I can't remember) I've had feelings for Aphmau, but I don't think she returns them, which I understand. 

She must feel my heart beating faster, because she hugs me tighter. We release, "Laurance, can we talk?" She asks. 

Right when my heart rate was going down, it rises again, "Uh... S-Sure." I reply. She grabs my hand and walks me out to the ledge where we used to always go. We sit down, our feet dangling off the edge. We look out at the vast ocean, it's beautiful, "So, what'd you want to talk to me about?" I ask, breaking the silence. 

"I wanted to ask you... And you can say no, but, since I finally graduated... Ugh, I feel weird asking this, but, Laurance, do you want to move in someplace... Together?" She asks, nervously. 

My heart skips a beat, "I-I'd love to!" I exclaim, hugging her. I release, "So, where are you thinking about moving? Out of Phoenix Drop?" I ask. 

"I don't know, but I think I want to stay in Phoenix Drop for a bit longer." She answers. 

"So, it's settled. We'll find somewhere to live?" I state. 

"Yep! I think in about a month we should move, it gives us enough time to say goodbye to everyone and find a new place to live." She suggests. 

"Sounds good." I reply, getting up and lending her a hand. 

She takes it, and I help her up. We walk back to the town, heading to my house first. Surprisingly, Aphmau's parents are there too, this'll be good, "Excuse me, can we have your attention please?" Aphmau asks quietly. 

She repeats herself, this time louder, gaining everyone's attention. She looks at me, squeezing my hand, signaling me to say something, "Well, Aphmau and I have decided, in 1 month, her and I are moving out of Phoenix Drop. No, we're not a thing, we're both ready to leave Phoenix Drop and start searching." I explain. 

Cadenza looks like she's about to burst into tears, so she runs up to us, wrapping us in her arms, "Can I come with you guys?" She asks. 

"If you want." Aphmau replies. 

"Perfect!" She squeals. 

She runs off, upstairs to do something that I don't know. Aphmau follows her, "Cadenza! Wait!" Aphmau says as she runs up the stairs. 

My Dad leaves to go do something and so it's just me and Aphmau's parents. Aphmau's dad comes up to me, "Don't do anything to my daughter. And don't you dare hurt her! Or else you'll be sorry." He threatens. 

"I-I won't, Sir." I reply. 

"I know who you are, you're a player. Don't mess with her heart, or else." He growls. 

"I won't hurt her, I promise." I say genuinely.  

He pushes through me, leaving the house, "Good luck, Laurance." Aphmau's mom smiles, following her grumpy husband out the door. 

I sigh, being all alone. Then my dad comes out. He gives me a few 'Talks', "I think I'm scarred, Dad." I say. 

He laughs, "Don't get too wild!" He warns, playfully but also serious. 

"I won't." I laugh along with him. 

We continue talking until Aphmau and Cadenza come back downstairs with rags of cloth filling their hands, "RUN CADENZA! IT'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!" Aphmau screams. 

"What?" I ask. 

Father and I look confused. Suddenly, there's a boom and small samples of smoke escaping downstairs, "THE SOWING MACHINE, IT EXPLODED!" Cadenza screeches. 

Her and Aphmau cautiously go upstairs, Father and I still stunned. I walk up with them, half of the sowing room churned with black and dark brown colors. The sewing machine has a small spark of fire on it, but I place my emerald sword on it, distinguishing the flame. 

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF IRENE HAPPENED?" I yell. 

"W-Well... Cadenza and I were sowing, a-and... We accidentally put too much cloth in, and.. This happened." Aphmau explains. 

My face softens, "I'm a softie for girls." I mumble. 

"What was that?" Aphmau and Cadenza ask in unison. 

"Nothing!" I cover up my remark. 

(1 Month Later, Laurance's POV)

I finish packing up my things, then start heading to Aphmau's house. We decided to go to O'khasis, I don't know why, but we did. I knock on the door and she engulfs me in a hug. 

"I'm so excited! We're going to O'khasis!" She squeals.

"Yayy!" I fangirl with her, using a higher pitch voice that makes her giggle. 

She starts laughing, then we go inside, "Can you help me with something, Laurance?" She asks. 

"Sure." I reply. 

She hands me a duffle bag, "I'll need you to hold that for a second." She commands. 

"Uhh.. Ok." I say, she reaches through her stuff, finding a bookbag and a suitcase. She puts the bookbag on her back, gets a grip on the suitcase handle then takes the duffle bag out of my grasp, "Are you sure that you want to carry all of that? All I have is a suitcase, I can take that for you." I offer. 

"Please." She smiles. 

She hands me the duffle bag, and we're off on a train to O'Khasis. Cadenza decided to stay back in Phoenix Drop for a little while, then come to O'khasis later on, so it's just Aphmau and I for now. I don't mind...