Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 27)~Faking His Death

A Few Days Of Planning Later...

Garroth's POV

"Ok... We're almost done." Aphmau brushes one of her makeup tools on my clothing, "Aaaannddd.... Done!" She exclaims, pulling away from my chest.

I look into the mirror and see a fake knife stabbed into my chest with fake blood running down my shirt, all the way to my ankles. Purple bags are ringed around the bottom of my eyes. I have fake contacts in to make my eyes seem bloodshot and lifeless. My hair is scraggly and knotted. 

"Can we come in?" Dante asks from the other side of the door. 

He and Laurance have been asking that for the past 10 minutes, "Yes!" I exclaim. 

The doorknob twists a bit until Dante and Laurance walk in, "You look... Well... Dead!" Dante finds his own words. 

I stifle a laugh, "It looks so real!" Laurance gasps as he inspects the costume and getup as a whole. 

"If we want to make a big commotion before dark, we should get going. It'll be dark soon." Aphmau shoos us from the room. I take a breath, a hand being laid on my shoulder, "It'll be fine." Aphmau coos. 

A smile curls onto my lips. "Let's do this...." I say. 

Aphmau's hand quickly slides off of my shoulder as we start walking out. Dante stops us, Laurance, Aphmau and I knowing exactly what he's going to do. Dante waves his hand in front of us so we're invisible to other people. The only people that'll be able to see us are the people with the spell. 

Dante curses himself, then we walk out. We're all slightly transparent, but that doesn't matter. Laurance carries the knife that'll be thrown. Dante will be cloaked to look like myself, then Aphmau will quickly teleport us to switch places, it not going to be noticeable to the naked eye. Once we get to the plaza, the spell's about to ware off. Laurance, Aphmau and I hide in the trees as Dante cloaks himself as me. 

"I'm handsome." I smirk. 

Dante chuckles as Aphmau rolls her eyes. Dante looks like a normal version of myself. A nice shirt, dark jeans, quiffed hair and black, shiny shoes. 

Dante clears his throat, "Hello." He says, making sure the voice matches mine. 

"Perfect!" I exclaim. 

Dante puffs his chest out playfully, chuckles, then stops. Dante takes a breath, then walks out. People greet him, hellos coming from all directions. Dante smiles and waves to them, an occasional 'hello' escaping his mouth. I look at Laurance, who's twirling the knife in his hand. A breath escapes my mouth, one that I didn't even know I was holding in.

Third Person.

Dante walks along the O'khasian streets, greeting people as he walks by. He walks slowly.

3...

2...

1...

Dante counts the numbers in his head over and over, waiting for the knife to whizz past his face. A birds caw-coo echoes in Dante's ear. He feels the fake knife from Laurance's throw get closer and closer. Aphmau waves her hand around, a white aura forming around it. She uses a spell to make the bubble invisible. It's a teleportation spell. As the knife if centimeters away from Dante's back, Aphmau throws the spell, it putting Garroth in Dante's place as the knife hits him. 

Garroth falls to the ground with the fake knife in his chest. Dante reappears by Laurance, Dante twirling the knife around in his hand. Garroth stops his breathing, keeping it to a minimum, too small for people to see. Gasps fill O'khasis as they just witnessed the 'death' of their prince, heir to lordship. Garroth's brothers run down to their brother, tears swelling in Vylad's eyes as Zane crosses his arms. Zane isn't crying because lordship will go to him. 

Garroth doesn't want Zane as O'khasis' lord, but he has no choice unless he stays miserable in the O'khasian walls. Laurance comes out into the scene and pulls Vylad away. Tears are now streaming down Vylad's face. 

"Vylad." Laurance starts. 

"Take me back! I need to see him!" Vylad exclaims, struggling from Laurance's grasp. 

"Vylad." Laurance repeats, holding both of Vylad's shoulders. 

The boys look each other in the eyes, "Garroth isn't dead. Dante posed as Garroth. The real Garroth is out there now, but it's all makeup. The knife is fake. Everything is fake and teleportation magicks. Garroth's faking his death to escape O'khasis." Laurance explains. 

Vylad wipes his tears, believing the brunette that has hold of his shoulders, "Why-Why would you do that?!" Vylad's voice shook.

"I-I'll explain everything later. Okay?" Laurance responded, cautiously releasing Vylad from his clutches 

"C-Can I see him afterwards?" Vylad asks. 

"Yes. After Garroth is taken to the morgue, we're going to pick him up and take him to Aphmau and mine's place. Don't worry." Laurance sheds a smile. 

Vylad returns the gesture, then runs off to Garroth with fake tears flooding down his face. Again, Zane puffs his chest, no emotions other than pride rushing thru his dark veins.

Garroth's POV

I'm doing it..

I'm actually doing it!

I'm going to be free from O'khasis!

YES!

****

A/N: Thank you all soooooo much for 1k reads! ;D It means so much<3 ~Car