Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 4)~Sickness

Aphmau's POV

I wake up, and we're at the O'khasian gates. The huge gates open, causing a creaking noise. I ignore it and attempt to prop my head up, but there's a dead weight on my head. I roll my eyes up as far as I can and see Laurance's head rested on mine. The train comes to a stop, so I decide to shake him. 

"Laurance." I whisper, shaking him lightly. I repeat myself, this time a bit louder and the shaking gets harder, "Laurance!" I exclaim, almost pushing him out of his seat. 

"I'm up!" He puts his hands up in surrender. 

I chuckle, "We're here." I inform him. 

"Oh." He says, getting out of his seat and grabbing out luggage from the upper compartment. 

He hands me my bookbag, and my suitcase when I walk out into the aisle. He has his suitcase and my duffle bag. People give him strange looks for having a purple duffle bag with flowers on it, and an green suitcase, but he shrugs it off. We walk through the train station until we finally hail a taxi. 

"Taxi!" I wave. 

One pulls down by us, and we hop into the car. We give the driver the address to the condo we bought. 15 minutes of driving later, we finally arrive. Laurance pays, and we get out of the car, with the driver helping us get our luggage out of the trunk. We thank him and walk into the apartment building, with condos as the floors get higher. We step into the elevator, Laurance hitting the 15th floor. There are 2 floors above us, then the roof. So, we're practically at the top. The elevator opens, Laurance allowing me to get out first. 

We walk down the hall until we get to the room 1510. Laurance fumbles with his pockets to get the keys, but finds them and unlocks the door. Surprisingly, the movers had beat us here. Our living room is already set up, with a couch, a TV (With an oak TV Stand under it) and an oak coffee table, with glass filling the middle. We walk down the halls, peeking into the rooms. 

"Wrong room." Laurance says, switching rooms with me. 

His room has a dark green comforter with an oak nightstand, and a light green lamp. He has a desk in the corner of his room, with a TV by it, in front of his room. I walk into my room and it looks fairly similar to his, but purple. I let Thorgina and Celeste out of their cages and they roam my room, sniffling everything. I lay down on my bed, but soon start to feel hot.

"Laurance!" I exclaim. 

He walks into my room, concerned, "Did you turn up the heat?" I ask, skeptically. 

"No...?... Wait, you're burning hot!" He notices my red face and runs over to me, placing the back of his hand on my forehead, "You feel the same way, too. I'll go get you some medicine." He offers.

I nod, letting him leave the room. A minute or two later, he walks back into my room with a small thermometer, some fever medicine and a pint of ice cream. 

Two pints, actually. "Stay here." He instructs. 

"Where else would I be going?" I ask. 

He chuckles, leaving the room then coming back with a box of tissues and a light blanket, "You're not staying under a heater in your condition." He says. 

"I wasn't planning on it." I smile. 

He lays the blanket around me, putting the tissue box on my nightstand, "Open your mouth." He instructs. I obey, him putting the thermometer under my tongue. It starts beeping and he pulls it out of my mouth, "Oh, you are coming down with a fever." He says, putting the thermometer in some water, allowing it to soak in the restroom by mine. 

He pours something for me, having me drink it, "This should help." He says as I drink the medicine. 

"You're the best." I gulp. 

He smiles, sitting down by me. He hands me one of the pints, my favorite kind of ice cream. He also hands me a spoon. 

"Scooch over." He says, plopping himself on my bed. 

I do as he says, "What're you doing?" I ask. 

"Helping you feel better, we're going to watch Netflix, eat ice cream and lay low until you get better." He informs me. 

"News to me." I reply. 

He smiles, grabbing his pint with a spoon. He goes thru Netflix on his computer, until he finds an Anime that we both have been trying to finish. I fall asleep in the middle of it, resting my head on Laurance's shoulder.

Laurance's POV 

I ask Aphmau a question, but she's totally silent so I look at her, asleep on my shoulder. I remove her head from my shoulder, gently placing it on a pillow then cleaning up the mess we made. I put the ice cream in the freezer, cleaning up the medical supplies I had brought in from earlier. I dry off the thermometer then grab my computer from Aphmau's room, turning it off and kissing Aphmau's burning hot forehead. 

"Feel better, my love." I mumble the last part, leaving the room and falling asleep.