Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 25)~Sparks

(HANDWRITTEN)

Aphmau's POV

Tears stream down my face as I hear the front door slam shut. My feet finally realease themselves from the floor, so I run off, "Laurance! Wait!" I call out. The brunette slams his finger on the 'down' button rapidly as he waits fr an elevator to arrive. I run down the hall, "Why're you leaving?" I ask through tears. 

"You're oblivious, aren't you?" He adds a chuckle to the end of his sentence. 

"Oblivious to what?" I question. 

Laurance takes a breath, "Oblivious to the fact that..." He gets interrupted by the ding of the elevator, signalling him that it's here. The elevator doors open. I grab his hand before he leaves, "What?" He growls. 

"Please stay." I plead. 

"Why?" He questions. 

I swear, he sounded like Zane for a second. Nah, couldn't be, "Because we need you...  I need you." I say. 

"We?" He questions. 

"Laurance, I'm--" I start, but get interrupted by Laurance disappearing and Zane taking his place, "Zane!" I growl. I swing my fist and hit him straight in the nose, "Baka!" I scream, "Where's the real Laurance?" I growl, pushing Zane to the ground. I morph into my angelic form, "Answer me!" I exclaim. 

Before either of us can say anything, Laurance bursts through the elevator. He turns into his Shadow Knight form once he sees what's going on. 

"You were Garroth, too... Weren't you?" I assume, directing it to Zane. 

I put my sword at his throat, "Smart girl." Zane wipes the blood from his lip while wiggling out from the grip of my sword. 

He gets up, Zane and I face to face. Laurance pushes him back down, "Even know I may be mad about you kissing Garroth, I'll still protect you." Laurance says, standing at my side and glaring at Zane. Laurance glances at me for a second, then back at Zane. 

"Run, go!" He exclaims. 

I would normally argue, but now isn't the time. I gulp, then hesitantly run off. I have to tell Laurance... I have to.

~A Few Minutes Later, Laurance's POV

Once I finish up with Zane, I transform out of my Shadow Knight form, grab my stuff then walk to the apartment. Right as I close the door, Aphmau engulfs me in a tight hug. 

"I need to tell you something." She mutters into my chest (Height these days). We release, then she leads me over to the couch. I then notice that she's out of her angelic form. Aphmau and I both sit on the sofa, "Laurance, I'm..." She takes a breath as my stomach turns, "I'm in love." She confesses. 

She could either make or break my heart, "With who?" I question. 

"Well... He has brown hair and blue eyes." She smiles softly. 

Is she talking about me? I start to get anxious for an answer, "Who?" I repeat. 

Aphmau looks down, blushing. She mutters something inaudible. I couldn't hear her, all I heard was the letter 'y'. 

"You like Yip?" I ask, remembering the kid we were friends with during out childhood. Aph chuckles, then I decide to do something. I wrap my arm around her, feeling like a casanova at the moment. 

"Heyy, baby~." I pretend to be a casanova (I mean, no woman could resist this handsomeness. Other than Aphmau... The only one I'm actually meaning to impress). Aphmau blushes a small tint of pink, "So, is that who you like?" I question, just wanting to make sure. 

"Y-You..." She mutters. 

I can barely hear it, yet my eyes widen anyway. My heart leaps with joy, probably even skipping a beat, "R-Really?" I shudder. 

There goes the casanova spirit... A blush spreads across onto my face. She nods, the small blush on her face turning into a rosy red. I turn her head to me. 

"I understand if--" She starts 

"I love you too." I interrupt her, speaking truthfully. 

Her eyes widen a bit, her face now a bright red. I bring her closer, then start leaning in. Our lips connect, sparks going off everywhere. 

We part, "Am I the only one that felt sparks?" I question. 

She shakes her head no, a smile breaking onto her face. We lean in again until somebody walks in, "Wow!" Dante exclaims. 

Aphmau and I pull apart quickly, both a blushing mess. Dante snickers, then walks into his room. Aphmau takes a breath of relief, me sighing as well. 

"Now, where were we?" I smirk, regaining the 'casanova spirit'. 

Aphmau chuckles, "You're such a casanova." She says while leaning in. 

"I know." I reply right before our lips connect once again. 

Over and over again, the same sparks that'll make you giddy. Sparks once you know that you've found the one. Have I found that girl? I think I did.

And I love the fact that I did.