Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 9)~Panic Filled Confusion

Garroth's POV

I knock on Aphmau's door, with no answer. I knock again, no answer again. I knock a few times, but there's nothing, the same thing over and over again.... And that's nothing. I start to get suspicious to I cautiously open the door to find Aphmau and Laurance asleep, with The Maze Runner playing. I grow jealous, but I push the emotion aside and decide to leave them be and close the door. I walk back to the castle, trying to forget the jealous that's mustered up inside of me. I shrug it off and continue with my duties

Laurance's POV 

I hear a knock on the door, but I take it as the noises from the movie. I fall back asleep, but hear someone come inside. For protection reasons, my grip on Aphmau becomes tighter, and I fight the urge to open my eyes. I finally hear the footsteps leave and the door close, then my eyes shoot open. I look out the window and it was Garroth. I don't want to do anything suspicious, so I stay in my house with Aphmau. I feel bad for leaving him in wonder, but I know he has better things to do than deal with us. 

"L-Laurance?" Aphmau's voice sounds sleepy. 

I turn around, looking into her brown eyes, "Want me to carry you to your room?" I ask. 

She gets up, "No, I can walk." She grumbles, but I ignore her and sweep her off of her feet, walking to her room, "Laurance! Put me down!" She giggles. 

"Never!" I joke. 

"Fine, I guess I'll be here forever." She plays along.

"Then you shall." I say in a failed British accent. She giggles, which causes me to let out a soft chuckle, "Open the door please." I instruct, she grabs the knob and turns it, allowing us in. I walk into the room then lay Aph down on the bed, then pull the covers over her, "Sleep well, ok? If you need anything, I'll be either in the living room or my room." I smile. 

She nods, I fight the urge to kiss her in the forehead. We exchange smiles, then I leave the room, taking a deep breath as the door closes. I can hear her shuffling around in her room (With enhanced hearing from when I was blind, and her sheets are loud). 

I open the door to my room when I hear her say something, "Wait, Laurance." I can barely hear her voice through the closed door. 

I turn around, shutting my door and entering the hallway again. I open her door a bit, just enough for me to poke my head into, "Yes?" I ask. 

"C-Can you stay with m-me?" She stutters. I'm taken aback from her question, but reply nevertheless. 

"Of course." I walk in slowly, closing the door then making my way to the side closest to the window, "What's wrong?" I ask, as I plop onto the bed. 

"I just don't want to be alone..." She looks down, her voice is shaky... She's not telling me the whole reason, is she? 

"What's really wrong? I know you're hiding something." My voice has a bit of annoyance hidden in it, but it's not easily noticed. 

She sighs, "I don't want to be alone, and I don't feel good." She looks me in the eyes this time. 

"Now, that's an acceptable answer." I smile. 

She chuckles softly as I pull the covers over me, rolling over to the side closest to the window. She turns the opposite way and we both fall asleep.

Garroth's POV 

I'm on one of my duties when I come across a big window with light, purple curtains covering over some parts of the window itself. I peek inside and see Laurance's face (But he wouldn't have a purple room... Wait.), I get on my tip toes and see Aphmau on the opposite side of him, them both seeming to be asleep. I start to panic, blood running to my cheeks and sweat threatening to fall down my face. My palms begin to get wet as my fingers play with each other. I run off as fast as my legs will take me, running far away from the house. 

"That couldn't have... No.." I mumble to myself a few times. 

I ignore the villagers greeting me, and continue running until I get to the O'khasis gates. I crawl up the ladder and sit on the ledge, letting my feet dangle. I take a deep breath. 

"Garroth? What're you doing up here?" Vylad asks. 

"Oh, just thinking." I reply. 

I was being genuine, this is the place I go to collect my thoughts. Seeing the forest and some bits of the ocean were quite relaxing. 

"Then, I'll leave you then." I look back at Vylad, who's now making his way down the ladder. 

I sit there, thinking until dusk. My eyes threaten to fall, so I get up and walk to the castle. I never fulfilled my duty that I was on earlier, but I didn't really care, so I went straight to my room, closing the door and collapsing on the bed. I stare at the ceiling, soon dropping into a deep slumber.