Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 23)~Isolation

(HANDWRITTEN- Minus the author's notes)

Laurance's POV

Once the Jury members take us to the castle, we're instantly thrown into the isolation chambers. A white gas starts to spill from the vents, it filling the now intoxicated room. I look around frantically, trying to find a way out.

"What's happening?" I ask Jeffory, who's standing on the other side of the door.

"It's intoxication." Jeffory replies simply.

"Intoxication... What's that?" I continue.

"The outside air. If you're going to see Zane, then you need to be ready." Jeffory explains. Shivers shoot down my spine as the icy air touches my now freezing skin. I wince, "Stop being such a baby, Caleb." Jeffory snaps.

"How'd you know my middle name?" I question.

"I have my ways, Zvahl." He retorts.

My lip starts quivering from the frosty air nipping at my skin. I wrap my arms around myself in attempt to get some kind of warmth. My body starts to shake, it shivering rapidly. Suddenly the white mist is sucked out if the room, it being replaced by water that's flooding out of the medium sized cracks in the cushioned wall.

My eyes widen, "Have a nice swim!" Jeffory exclaims.

I scowl at his voice, then feel the water running up to my knees. My clothes disappear as the 'water' touches them. I'm afraid that I'll be naked in the next minute or so... I start to freak out. Wheezes escape my mouth as my hands start to shake. This is another one of my panic attacks, isn't it? SHOOT!

Thoughts jumble in my mind, it clouding my train of memory and thought. My teeth start to chatter as the water reaches my shoulders. This is the end, I thought. My hair floats along with the water. I hold my breath. Suddenly, all the water flows back down, the room not having a single droplet of liquid in it. The white, cushioned walls (and floors) aren't soggy at all (Which is surprising).

A gust of warm air flows from the vents (the same vents that the white mist came from only minutes before). Even know the air is clear, it doesn't mean that I can't feel it. The water drops disappear from my hair and bare body, it now totally dry.

"What kind of magicks is this?" I ask, astonished.

"Elemental." Jeffory states.

The door cracks open, causing me to hide behind it quickly. Nobody needs or wants to see me like this (And by this, I mean naked). Jeffory throws some clothes inside. Once he closes the door, I scurry over to the pile of cloth and shoes.

I slip on the outfit immediately, "Once you're done, come out here." Jeffory commands as I slip the shoes on and tie the laces.

"Ok!" I exclaim.

I get out of my crouching stance, then walk out of the isolation chamber. Aphmau steps out at the same exact time, Katelyn a few inches behind her, "Come on you two love birds." Katelyn snaps, rolling her eyes as she starts leading us through corridors and long hallways.

Soon enough, Katelyn opens a door that's bigger than normal doors. The door so happens to be the opening into Zane's throne room (Weird, right? Why does this kid need a throne room?). Jeffory and Katelyn bow, even know I can tell it's severely fake.

As Jeffory gets out of the bowing stance, I scoot closer to him, "You hate you job, don't you?" I whisper into his ear.

He looks at me hesitantly, then nods. He looks back at Zane quickly, "We brought them." Katelyn raises her voice in a respectful way.