Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 35)~Garroth's Past

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates! The month of July was really busy for me, so I didn't get to update as much due to my other books and RL things that were happening. Thank you for your patience! ~Car

****

Garroth's POV

I have my back leaned against the wall. Hearing Zane say my name sent chills up my spine and shivers around my body. When he had mentioned me, my body had involuntarily changed into the jury form that I like to hide. 

"How did he know I was alive?" I mutter under my breath. 

I hear Aphmau trying to negotiate with Zane, but you can't reason with the unreasonable. I unfortunately learned that the hard way...

•Flashback•

•Garroth At 8 Years Old•

"Daddy, Daddy!" I exclaim, running into the room. 

Father sits at his throne, paying no attention to me, "What do you want, child?" He questions. 

"Can you play ball with me?" I ask, joy filling my expression. 

My eyes shimmer against the room's light, it complimenting my joyful expression. Father looks down at me with a cold expression, "I would rather not. Go play with your brothers or something." He says. 

"B-But... I want to play with you." I whine. 

Father hits the arm of his throne, "I said go play with someone else! Now, leave!" He snarls. 

I hold the blue rubber ball close to my chest, "O-Ok." My eyes grow glossy. Not with joy, but with tears of sadness. Ever since Zane was born, Father hasn't been the same, "S-Sorry..." I stutter. I put my head down and start to walk away 

"You should be sorry." He growls. I feel a tear roll down my cheek, but I continue walking anyway.

•Reality•

I feel a tear slip down my face. Father was (and still is) so cruel... I hear Aphmau screech with pain, "Aph!" Laurance exclaims. A sound of desperation fills his voice. I debate on staying or leave.

Should I stay or leave?

Leave.

I push myself off the wall and barrel to the door. Aphmau is on the floor with Zane's sword to her throat. Aphmau's sword is nowhere to be seen. Everyone else is thrown against the wall with this weird gooey stuff. They're unable to move anywhere. 

"Garroth! No!" Laurance exclaims. 

I see goo coming my way. I stare straight at it. Everything seems to go into slow motion as I hop over the goo, grab the tail end of it, then throw it at Zane. Zane's sword flings in the air and heads straight to Aphmau's stomach. Zane hits the wall as I grab his sword and sling it out the window. Everything goes back into its regular motion. Everybody looks at me, astonished. Even Zane does. 

"How?!" Zane questions. 

I growl at Zane, "You will not hurt the ones I love!" I exclaim angrily.  

"But you do love me... Right?" Zane tries to act innocent by painting a certain tone into his voice. 

I walk over to the evil man I call my baby brother, "But the thing is..." I pause, waiting to see how his face expression changes. His eyes widen slightly and his eyebrow raises, "You don't return the same feelings." I finish. 

I try to walk away but Zane grabs the back of my neck and yanks me towards him, "You're right. That's why killing you will be so much easier." He snarls. 

Nervous sweat trickles down my face, "Y-You're going to kill me?" I stutter. 

Zane just laughs, "It'll be a funeral nobody shows up to."

My heart breaks into a million pieces.

A look of sympathy rests on everybody's faces.

Everybody's except Zane's