Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 22)~Meeting The Jury

Laurance's POV

Once Aphmau and I finish cleaning the mess that lingered in the kitchen, we sit down on the couch. Aphmau puts her hand on the mop of hair atop my head. She ruffles her hand thru it as I try to swat her hand away. 

"Hey..! S-Stop!" I exclaim. She giggles. I grab Aphmau's hand and push it down to her side, "We have to talk." I state, the playful expression washed from my face. 

"What is it?" She asks. 

She messes with her hands a bit, "Our... Dreams." I start. 

"'Our'?" She questions. 

"Yea, ours." I say. 

"What happened?" She asks. 

I sigh, then start explaining to her what happened, "Weeeeeeellllll...... You and I were in Phoenix Drop, but not modern day Phoenix Drop. You were the Lord of that town, and I was your guard," A blush appears on her face as I say that I was her guard. I smirk, then continue, "And we were fighting..." The blush disappears, "I'm guessing that you had me keep watch over an amulet. Garroth had knocked me out and taken it. He was a guard too... I guess. You called a bunch of people that I don't even know of. You called someone named Katelyn and someone that you didn't know the name of, so you called him 'Stranger'. Dante was there, too. There was a clearing where Garroth, Zane and a few of Zane's... Friends." I cough, "Minions." I cough again. Aphmau giggles, then I continue, "Garroth was giving Zane the amulet that was stolen from me. Garroth then came over to me and said that I had ripped his heart to shreds by.. By kissing you. Even know I didn't... I tried to take the amulet while he wasn't looking, but he flinched back quickly. Once Garroth gave Zane the amulet, we were transported to a world that was white. White with a huge church. I think it was called the... Irene's Dimension." I explain. 

Her jaw is slightly ajar. She engulfs me in a hug, I feel so stupid for telling her all of this. I thought. Once Aphmau releases, she apologizes for everything that had happened in the dream, "Why're you apologizing? It's not your fault..." I trail off, confused. 

Aphmau seems to be lost in thought. She gets up quickly and starts pacing around the living room as Dante walks in. He looks at me and points at Aphmau with a questioning look. I shrug, then he leaves. I glance back at Aphmau, who's now towering over me. 

It causes me to jump a bit, "The dreams might mean something." She says. I slither out from under her, now standing up. "I love you but.. With all due respect, Aphmau.. It's highly unlikely that they would mean something, I mean... They're just dreams." I say. 

Aphmau blushes a bit when I tell her that I love her. She could've taken it the wrong way and thought that.... Ugh... (Mental facepalm time!). I-I meant as a friend...! UGHHHHH. LIFE THESE DAYS. 

"B-But they could mean something. Maybe we should go to a physiologist." She suggests. 

"I don't think that's necessary." I say. 

"Gah, what am I thinking?" Aphmau scolds herself quietly. 

Before I can say anything, someone barges through our door. Both, Aphmau and I whip our head around to see an unfamiliar figure in the doorway. The man walks over to us and grabs me by the arm. A girl comes in after him and grabs Aphmau's arm. They both yank us out. The boy has brown hair and green hair while the girl has both, blue eyes and hair. 

"W-Where're you taking us!?" Aphmau exclaims. 

"Hush." The girl shushes her. 

"WHO ARE YOU?" I yell. 

The man chuckles, "We should tell them." The man says. 

"I mean, they'll be dead in a few minutes, so why does it matter?" The girl replies. 

"I'm Jeffory The Goldenheart." The man greets. 

"And I'm Katelyn... Katelyn Firefist." She introduces. 

"Laurance and Aphmau." I mutter. 

"We already know who you are... Zane has already told us." Jeffory informs. 

"What? Why Zane?" Aphmau asks. 

"We work for the Jury Of Nine. Zane runs it and sent us out to kill you." Katelyn answers. 

Aphmau and I glance at each other, both wide eyed, "Do it." Aphmau mouths to me. By 'it' she means, go into my Shadow Knight form. 

I shake my head rapidly, not wanting to hurt either Jeffory or Katelyn and even Aphmau in the process. Aphmau can't transform into her form unless she has some kind of relic with her, and since we were in our house, she didn't have it on her. That leaves us to either die or me slaughter them. I don't like either of those choices. 

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH!" Aphmau yells. 

"What happened to friendly conversation?" Jeffory chuckles. 

Both he and Katelyn drag us outside. Jeffory then grabs both of my hands and ties them together with a plastic band. Katelyn does the same to Aphmau. 

"THERE'S NOTHING FRIENDLY ABOUT DYING!" Aphmau continues to yell. 

"Somebody's hot headed." Katelyn mutters.

"You're one to talk, Katie." Jeffory smirks. 

"Hey!" Katelyn exclaims. 

"I heard that!" Aphmau says in the same tone Katelyn used. 

Katelyn rolls her eyes, "What do you mean we don't know who we're messing with?" Katelyn asks, annoyed. 

"L-LAURANCE, HE'S--" Aphmau starts. 

"DON'T." I yell, cutting her off. 

Both Jeffory and Katelyn stop, "What is Laurance? Now we want to know." Katelyn smirks. 

I put my head down, ashamed at what I'm about to say, "I'm a Shadow Knight." I mutter. 

"I can't hear you!~" Katelyn sings. 

"I said... I'm a Shadow Knight." I state, a bit louder. 

Katelyn laughs, "Pathetic." I hear her mutter. 

I don't say anything because I'd rather keep my head on my neck. I gulp, waiting for Jeffory's reaction as well. I get dropped to the ground immediately, "W-What!?" Jeffory asks, slightly panicked. 

"I'm a Shadow Knight." I repeat myself for the third time. 

"Katelyn... Zane never told us anything about this.." Jeffory says. 

Katelyn gulps, "You're right." She replies. "What should we do with him?" Katelyn asks. 

Jeffory shrugs, "Well... We can't just kill him off the bat. The essence of his being will go everywhere." Jeffory starts, "Maybe we could take him to isolation." He suggests. 

I gulp at the word 'isolation', "Then what will we do with Aphmau?" Katelyn questions. 

"As long as she's not a magickal being, we're good." Jeffory says. 

"But I am a magickal being." Aphmau starts as I mentally facepalm. 

I don't want them putting her in isolation too, "What kind of magickal being?" Jeffory asks, getting curious. 

Aphmau takes a breath before saying anything, "Descendant of Lady Irene." Aphmau informs. 

Jeffory laughs, "You liar." He smirks. 

"She's not lying. Ask Dante or Garroth.. Or even Vylad!" I exclaim. 

Katelyn has a look on her face, she must have gotten an idea, "Give me your palm, Aphmau." Katelyn says. 

Aphmau raises her palm as Katelyn takes it. Katelyn places her hand on Aphmau's palm. A white swirl of light circles around their palms, "She's not lying." Katelyn says, dropping Aphmau's palm. 

"Both of you, isolation." Jeffory states, then takes us away. 

I don't think any of the Ro'Maeve brothers will be able to get us out of this one... And my hate for Zane is only growing.

Rapidly.