Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 28)~Match

Aphmau's POV

A few moments pass before guards start pushing villagers out of the way, "Get away from him, you fools!" Zane growls, shooing the villagers. 

Artificial tears stream from Vylad's eyes, as Zane's stay dry, "Heartless monster." I mutter, directing my insult to Zane. 

"Agreed." Dante's voice creeps up from behind me (A/N: After I said that, I searched 'Danmau' in Google Images to see if it was a big ship like Laurmau and Garmau. Still debating on if it is or isn't)

The guards pick up Garroth's body, Garroth having to be extra careful at this point. Garroth's limp and 'dead' body gets taken away to the morgue, where we're planning on stealing him from. This might be counted as grave digging, but he's not 6 feet under (he's not actually dead) and nobody would know that it was us. 

Once Garroth and the guards are out of sight, the mob start to slowly disappear. Zane is gone, we have no idea where he went. He kind of faded along with everyone else. We find Vylad still standing at the site where Garroth 'died'. I come out of hiding. 

"Hey." I smile at Vylad. 

I glance at Dante and Laurance, then back at the green eyed brunette. I get closer to Vylad's ear, "You know he's not really dead, right?" I whisper. 

Vylad nods as I pull away. I gently grip onto Vylad's wrist, then pull him into the bushes. Laurance and Dante start to head back to our apartment, so Vylad and I follow them. Once Laurance closes the door to our apartment, he looks at us. 

"When're we getting Garroth?" Laurance asks, leaning his back on the door. 

I glance at the windows, then back at the blue eyed brunette, "Midnight." A smirk forms on my face as I walk further into the apartment.

Garroth's POV

I feel guards lift me up as wind brushes through my hair. I can hear the cries of people in the town, along with Vylad. Not a peep came from Zane. Even know I couldn't see him, I could tell that he was smirking. Zane's hated me for... Irene knows long, and all he wanted was for me to be gone so he could get lordship. And... I guess he won. I'll be gone by 1AM. People will think I'm gone, dead, a corpse and many more. I'll be released from O'khasis, all the stress will be gone. But all of that will come with a price.. That price is hiding my face forever. Or, at least as long as people remember what I look like. 

Eventually, people will forget (hopefully). By the time I finish thinking, I'm already in the morgue. I feel myself getting put onto a bed. 

"What will Lord Garte think about Prince Ro'Meave's death?" One of the guards asks. 

"I've heard that Zane Ro'Meave has already told Lord Garte." The other one informs. 

I mentally roll my eyes at their conversation. Of course Zane has told father. Zane's wanted me dead and gone for as long as I can remember. Now, that's he's finally gotten his wish, he's probably out boasting about it to the whole castle. The guard's head off, their footsteps getting weaker and weaker as they get farther away. Finally, a sound of a shutting door echoes through the cold room. A couple of minutes pass before I hear more footsteps, it followed by whispering. 

"He has to be over here..." A voice whispers. Immediately, I know who it is.

The last voice I'd ever want to hear...

"After I burn Garroth's body, there will be no evidence of his death. People will eventually forget about him, which will be amazing. Boy, have I wanted to do this for such a long time."

Out of my closed eyes, a light starts to erupt. It's a lighted match.

"Goodbye, Big Brother!"

****

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I wanted to end it here, because I thought this was a good place to end it at. Hope you enjoyed!

~Car