Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 11)~Cuts And Bruises.

Aphmau's POV

I wake up in an unfamiliar place and start panicking. I look around frantically then see a note on the near nightstand. I pick it up and read it.

'Dear Aphmau,

You are at the O'khasis castle. You fell asleep in my room and we carried you in here. You're safe here, and you're free to go home whenever you feel the need.

Garroth Ro'Meave & Laurance Meteli.'

Well, that explains it, "I see you're awake." A familiar voice says, startling me. The voice chuckles softly, then I look into the doorway, "Hey, Laurance." I say, groggily, "Why're you here?" I ask. 

"Garroth said that he can get me a job as a guard, so I'm training today. I came to check on you, and, well, you're awake." Laurance explains. 

"Oh My Irene! I'm so happy for you!" I compliment, running up to him and hugging him. 

Laurance blushes, "What?" I question. I look down at me and I'm in a huge, baggy t-shirt and sweat pants. 

"I uhh... Had to change you into different clothes.." Laurance scratches the back of his neck. 

"AND?" I raise my voice. He laughs nervously, but I slap him. 

"Laurance!" I growl. He puts his hands up in defeat, slowly walking away, "You better walk away!" I follow him until he gets out of the room. 

I slam the door in his face, then the wooden door burst open with blonde hair in the doorway, "I heard a door being slammed, is everything ok?" Garroth asks, urgently. 

"Y-Yea..." I answer. 

He takes a sigh of relief, "Good, I was worried." Garroth says. I smile, assuring him that everything's ok. He nods, then hands me a change of clothes, "Since the castle knows that you are here, a maid made you this." Garroth explains.

"Thanks." I thank. 

Garroth gives me an uncalled for hug, wrapping me in his embrace then quickly releasing, "I got to go train Laurance. You're free to go home or watch us train, whatever suits you." Garroth smiles, then leaves the room, closing the door behind him. 

I change into the clothes he gave me quickly, me having a purple dress that goes down to just below my knees with lavender flats. The dress has small rhinestones along the sleeves that go just below my shoulders. The back of the dress sags to the floor, to where it trails behind me a bit. I smile at my appearance, then make my way thru the castle, being greeted by Vylad on the way. Vylad and I started talking until Zane bumped into me, pushing me to the ground. 

"Excuse you." Zane scoffs then walks off. 

"Excuse you, little nugget!" I snap. 

Zane looks back at me, shooting daggers. He turns around then walks off, "I'm proud of you." Vylad nudges me, smiling. 

"Thanks." I blush. 

"Want to stay for breakfast? It's in 10 minutes." Vylad offers. 

"Are you sure everyone would be ok with that?" I ask. 

"Yep! Positive. Laurance and Garroth will get time off to be there too, if that would make you more comfortable." Vylad explains. 

"Sure, then!" I reply. 

We walk down to the dining room. It has a long, wooden table with a green and red cloth following the middle of the wooden table. In the middle, there are candles and two vases full of O'khasian flowers. Food is lined up from each side of the table, the maids and butlers still cooking. 

"Wow.." I mumble. 

"I know." Vylad smiles, taking hold of my hand and leading me to the table full of people. 

Garte, Vylad, Zane, Garroth, Ms.Ro'Meave, Laurance and I are all seated. Laurance and Vylad sit with me, Garroth sitting by Laurance and Zane on the side of Vylad. Ms.Ro'Meave and Garte sit at the head of the table, where two fancy chairs are set. Zane shoots daggers at me while we eat, so 

I pull a nugget from a plate of food, "Little nugget." I call Zane. 

Vylad and I burst out laughing, while Zane pouts with Garroth and Laurance confused. Garroth's parents don't think anything of it, or at least Garte doesn't. Ms.Ro'Meave chuckles softly, she seems like a good person, but Garte doesn't. Garte sits there, with no expression on his face. Vylad and I finally catch our breaths, then Laurance pulls me aside. 

"Yes, Laurance?" I question as we're now in the hall, near the kitchen. 

Vylad, Garroth and Ms.Ro'Meave gave us confused looks as Laurance guided me out, but I assume that they shrugged it off. 

"I don't like this Vylad guy..." Laurance says.

 I trust his judgement with everything in me, but I think he's jealous. I gasp softly, "You're jealous, aren't you?" I ask. 

His eyes widen a bit, "W-What? N-No!" He defends. 

"Mhm?" I put a hand on my hip. 

He rolls his eyes, "Just be careful." Laurance comes closer, meaning that he's dead serious. 

He does that when he's trying to get a point across sometimes. I nod, when Garroth comes in. Laurance is so close to me, that someone could mistake our stance for kissing. But we're not! Laurance's head whips around, with Garroth's mouth ajar. 

"I-It's not what it looks like!" I assure. 

"It's exactly what it looks like." Garroth growls, "Get out." Garroth points to the door, when Vylad comes in. 

"Garroth, they're telling the truth." Vylad defends, Garroth looking at him. I start to walk out, Laurance glued to his spot, "Aphmau, come back." Vylad commands. My eyes widen, and he waves me over, "What happened?" Vylad asks.

"Well, Laurance was talking to me about something, and sometimes, when he's serious, he gets closer. It's a force of habit for him. Nothing was going on." I explain. 

Vylad nods, trusting my judgement. Vylad leads me back to the dining room, Laurance and Garroth still in the room. 

"I wonder what's taking them so long..." I wonder. 

"They'll be ok, they probably went out to training." Vylad assures. 

"Ok." I continue talking to Vylad until Laurance comes in the room, blood running down his mouth, him having a black eye and cuts all over his body. Laurance falls to the ground, and everyone gets up 

"Laurance!" I exclaim, running to him. 

Garroth walks in, with cuts and a swollen lip, "The werewolves, they're coming." Garroth warns. Oh no.