Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 10)~Job Finding

Aphmau's POV

I wake up with an ominous feeling, so I look around and see nothing. I look down at the end of the bed and see another lump there. I feel an arm snake around my waist, pulling my closer 

"Don't wake up." A voice grumbles. It's Laurance 

"LAURANCE GET UP." I command. His eyes shoot open, him almost falling off of the bed, "W-We didn't d-do anyt-thing, d-did we?" I stutter. 

He shakes his head no, frantically. I sigh in relief, and crawl out of bed. I go to my closet, sorting through my clothes. I find something and lay it down on my bed. I pull off a jacket that I so happened to fall asleep with, then pull my socks off. Laurance stares at me 

"I can practically see your nose bleeding, get out, casanova." I snap. 

He's frozen, so I walk around the room and push him to the floor. He hits the carpeted floor, but his head hits my dresser. 

"I'M UP!" He screams.

"Get out." I bark. He sighs, getting up and trudging out of my room. He unintentionally slams the door, "Such a trooper!" I exclaim 

"I know!" He replies, a soft chuckle following his words. I chuckle too, then start changing.

Laurance's POV

I'm totally out of it until I feel my head hit a wooden dresser, "I'M UP!" I yell.

"Get out." Aph commands, pointing to the door.

I sigh then get up, picking up each foot to get outside of her room. I accidentally slam the door, but don't say anything about it, seeing if she'd do anything. 

"Such a trooper!" Aphmau jokes. 

"I know!" I play along, a chuckle escaping with my words. 

She chuckles too, then I trudge into my room, changing as well. We both come out at the same time, crashing into each other. 

"S-Sorry..." She apologizes, blushing slightly. 

"It's fine." I smile, then I pick her up and carry her out. 

"Laurance, put me down!" She struggles. 

"Nope!" I pop the 'p' and continue walking. 

She starts kicking her legs, and flailing her arms in the air, but I ignore it and keep her at a distance so I don't get hurt. 

"SOMEONE, HELP!" She screams. 

O'khasis guards look at me, and I give them an assuring nods that she's not getting kidnapped. I see Garroth, lurking around the town. 

"Garroth!" I call out, his attention directing towards me. 

He runs over to us, "GARROTH, HELP, LAURANCE IS KIDNAPPING ME!" Aphmau pleads for his help. 

Garroth smirks at me, me returning it. I hand her to Garroth, "Now I'm kidnapping you." Garroth plays along.

"NO!" She screams. 

Garroth and I hold in our laughter as Aphmau struggles to get out of his grip. I gasp, "WE SHOULD PLAY APHMAU-IN-THE-MIDDLE!" I suggest. 

"Perfect!" Garroth says. 

"NO! NO NO NO!" Aphmau shouts. We hand her to each other, then Garroth runs off with her in his grip, "LAURANCE! Wait, not Laurance." She says, me chuckling. 

I run after them, Garroth carrying her into the castle. The guards look at Aphmau, questioning who she is but shrug it off since she's with Garroth. The guards block me with their spears as I try to enter behind them. 

"You may not pass." A guard instructs. 

Garroth looks back at me, "Let him in." Garroth commands. The guards look back, then raise their spears and raise the gate, allowing me to enter. I thank them, then walk in, "Sorry about that, Laurance." Garroth apologizes. 

"No need." I assure, smiling at him. He returns the favor. Aphmau now quiet, "I think she gave up." I shrug. 

"She must have." Garroth replies. 

Aphmau crosses her arms as she's pressed to Garroth's chest when we walk in. Granted, I'm a bit jealous, but it doesn't matter since we're just carrying her against her will. Guards, maids, butlers and other people look at Aphmau and I questionably but shrug it off since we're with Garroth... Again. We walk up to a room, which I think is his. Garroth sits Aphmau down on the bed.

"This is my room, if you were wondering." Garroth points out. 

Aphmau and I look around the room, gold and different shades of blue cascading thru the walls and furniture. Silver also peeks in through out the mixture, along some lamps and other things. Garroth and I sit down by Aphmau, squishing her in the middle. Garroth's armor clanks together, making an unpleasant sound echo thru the walls. 

"Sorry..." Garroth apologizes, pulling off his chest plate. 

He has a white t-shirt on under that, so it doesn't bother me. The chest plate hits the ground, making a small Crash!. I ignore it and we all start talking. Aphmau soon leans her head on Garroth's shoulder, falling asleep. I look outside and it's dark outside. 

"I should probably take her home.." I say, getting up and reaching out to Aphmau. 

"No, it's fine, she can stay here. I have a guest bedroom that she can sleep in." Garroth offers. 

"Are you sure?" I ask, a little uncomfortable about this decision. 

But Garroth is oblivious to my tension because he doesn't know me that well yet, "Positive." Garroth smiles, picking Aphmau up and carrying her down the hall. 

I follow them, passing a bunch of other rooms until Garroth walks into a room, plopping her on a huge bed. We pull the covers over her, both of us writing a note of where she is. Well, I write it, but it has both Garroth's and my signature's on it. I kiss her forehead, then walk out with Garroth, turning the lights out. 

"Well, I should probably get home, I'm going to see if I can get a job tomorrow." I say, genuinely. 

Garroth has an idea pop into his head, because his face lights up, "Wait, Laurance!" Garroth calls, me already being half way down the hall. I look back, "You could be a guard here!" Garroth offers. I run up to him. 

"What? Really?" I smile, this guy is way to generous, how am I going to repay him? 

"Of course! Just come here tomorrow and we can start training." Garroth says. 

"Thank you!" I hug him, which I don't normally do. I'm not much of a hugger, unless it's with Aphmau, Cadenza or Hayden. I release, both of us smiling like idiots, "Thanks again!" I yell, running down the hall. 

"No problem!" Garroth replies. I hear his door close, and I map my way out of this place then run out the gates, making my way thru the snowy town to my house. I can't wait until tomorrow..!