Falling In Love With A Best Friend (Chapter 17)~Out From The Shadows

Aphmau's POV

Two Days Later...

I wake up to someone shaking me. I twist my head around to see two teal eyes starring straight down at me. 

"What?" I mumble, a groggy voice coming from my throat. 

"We need to talk." He says. 

I nod sleepily, then get up. I glance at the sleeping Laurance, then follow Garroth outside of the room, "What's up?" I ask, regaining my energy. 

"Laurance can be released today!" Garroth exclaims happily.

I smile. Since Garroth and I haven't left that much since Laurance got admitted here, he decided to take off the armor while he was here. He's in a white v-neck, covered by a blue and white checkered jacket and some jeans with black and white sneakers at his feet. His hair is slightly messy from sleeping, but not that much. I get on my tiptoes and fix his hair a bit. He looks in the mirror behind me, smiling. We then walk back into the room to see Laurance just waking up. 

"Hey." I greet in a soft voice. He glances at Garroth and I, repeating what I said just seconds ago, "Guess what..." I start. 

"What?" Laurance asks.

I glance at Garroth, giving him the chance to say the news. He smiles at me, then directs his attention to Laurance. 

"You're being released today." Garroth informs. Laurance looks ecstatic, excitement glistening in his eyes. 

"YES!" Laurance yells happily. 

I giggle, then step further into the room. Garroth follows, but soon leaves due to him having to do something. It's just Laurance and I in the room. Dead silence falls, the only sound in the room is the whizzing of the ceiling fan. Suddenly, I feel a hand on mine. I jump a bit, startled. I look down into Laurance's baby blue eyes, calming down. 

"What's wrong?" I ask. 

"Can we leave now?" Laurance whines. 

I roll my eyes, "Sure." I say as I get up. 

I walk to the door, "Hey! Where're you going?" He asks in a higher-pitched voice, showing that he's kind of joking around. 

"Neverland." I reply, rolling my eyes. 

"WHAT? PETER PAN!!" Laurance yells. 

I hold in laughter as a huge, cheesy grin plasters itself onto my face. I hide my face in the direction of the door where he can't see it. 

"I can see your face, you know that... Right?" He questions. My eyes widen as I open the door swiftly and rush out of it, "HEY!! COME BACK!!" Laurance whines loudly. 

I chuckle softly, but not loud enough for him to hear me. I then pay to get him released. A nurse follows me down the hall, then says that Laurance is ready to be released. Laurance is now the one with a huge grin on his face. He gets out of the hospital bed and starts stretching. The nurse is now gone, it just Laurance and I. I'm suddenly tackled in a hug, my back hitting the wall due to impact. 

"Hey..." I mutter into his shoulder, "I'm glad that you're being released." I continue. 

"Me too." He replies. 

We then release, him grabbing a grocery bag full of a new change of clothes. I walk to the lobby, then wait for Laurance to make his way here as well. I hear a door close and footsteps echo thru the hall only minutes later. I turn my head in the direction of the noise to see Laurance walking down the hall. He gives me his award-winning smile that could make any girl fall for him. Well, at least every girl other than me. I know under his charm and good looks, that there's a good person in there with a few bad things. But the good things overshadow the bad, so I can't argue with my own feelings. 

I get up from the chair I was sitting in, then we walk out the door. We make our way to the condo. Surprisingly, the town is empty and we don't even cross Garroth's path on the way back. He's normally patrolling the town around this time... Weird. Suddenly, I feel myself pushed to a wall. My eyes widen in the process. My vision focus', then I see a pair of crimson eyes starring down at me. 

"LET HER GO!" Laurance yells. 

I glance in his direction to see him pinned to the wall as well. The man has black hair and teal eyes. Behind the guy with black hair, there's a boy with blue hair and blue eyes. Behind the boy that has me, there's a girl with pale skin, white hair and violet eyes. 

"I SAID LET HER GO!" Laurance yells. 

"We know who you are.... Become a Shadow Knight... Embrace that form." The man that has Laurance taunts. 

"N-No!" Laurance stutters. 

"Oh, come on." The man smirks. 

"NO, GENE. NOW GET OFF OF ME!" Laurance yells. 

Who's Gene? I guess it's that guy, "NO!" Gene replies in the same, yelling tone. I start to slip from the crimson eyed boys grip, "SASHA, GET HER NOW!" Gene yells. 

The girl with white hair rushes over to me. I'm guessing her name is Sasha, "Aphmau... Run!" I hear Laurance instruct. 

"No... I can't leave you." I reply. 

"I SAID GO!" Laurance yells. 

My feet glue onto the ground. Wings sprout from my back, white and gold particles radiating around me. A white dress falls from my shoulders to just below my knees. Greek-styled sandals run up my legs with a gold color. A quartz sword fits perfectly in my palms as I stand in a fierce stance. I glance behind me at Laurance, who has his mouth ajar. His jaw is practically on the ground. I look back at Sasha and the other boy. 

"Zenix, Sasha.... Attack her! Dante, follow me!" Gene instructs. 

The Zenix boy and Sasha lunge for me. I slash their arms with my sword, then run off. I see Gene running off with Laurance, Dante following shortly behind. Dante looks absolutely miserable, like he didn't want to be there. I fly over Dante, who catches eye contact with me. I silently shush him by putting a finger over my mouth. He nods, then continues running with his brother (I think they're brothers). My feet hit the ground lightly, without making a sound. Laurance tries to get loose, but is held captive in a bubble made of mysterious magicks. 

I shush him the same way I did Dante, then I withdraw my sword. I slash Gene in the arms and legs, then kick him to the ground. The bubble surrounding Laurance pops, Laurance falling to the ground quickly. I help Laurance up, then run off. Dante follows us. He explains to Laurance and I what happened. 

Dante told us that he was forced to join, so therefore, I don't blame him. We make our way to Laurance and my condo. We saw Garroth on the way, and he said he'd have some guards clean up the mess. I thank him, then catch up with Dante and Laurance who're already at the condo doors. Laurance unlocks the door, then lets us in. I turn out of my angelic form, then fall to the ground. Everything goes black.

I knew it was a bad idea using that form.

It drains so much energy from my body. . .