Chapter 48- No Matter What

HEY! Here it is sorry it's late! But I did update, told you guys! Anyways hope you liked it! Comment and tell me if you want the story tohave more steamy romance! And I'll see what I can do !! Stay lovely! Please, vote, comment and fan! It'd mean a lot!

Niall’s POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and something didn’t feel right. I looked around the room and saw all the boys fast asleep. I got up and walked to where Olivia slept. Outside the window, the sky was dark blue and the stars were shining so brightly. When I opened the door, I saw her fast asleep on the bed. But she was too still.

“Olivia?” I said, going to her and kneeling beside her bed. “Olivia, wake up!”

But nothing. My eyes widened and I shook her so hard, she should have woken up with that. She was still laying there. Her chest was breathing but it was small. She looked pale and lifeless. I carried her immediately and ran to the car downstairs, I had to bring her to the hospital.

~~~

Liam’s POV

It was 6am when I woke up. Niall wasn’t in his bed and he usually slept late. I got up and ate cereal in the kitchen. Zayn came in and he said to me, a worried expression on. “Niall and Olivia are gone. The car’s gone too.”

I look up at him, not sure what to say. “Call them? They must be out eating somewhere. You know Niall.”

Zayn took his phone out and the front door opened widely with a big bang. Niall stood there, in his pajamas and he was sweating. “Boys, you have to come.”

~~~

When the five of them arrived the hospital. Four of them did not know what was going on because Niall hasn’t told them yet. They all rushed to the top floor and sat on the benches outside where Olivia laid.

Although they didn’t know Olivia was in there, that is until Niall told them that she was sick and was brought to the emergency at 12am. All of them were asking questions, but Niall didn’t want to answer them because he was tired and emotionally drained. Keeping a secret takes a lot of work.

“Niall, what is she sick with anyways?” Liam demanded. “I thought it was just vitamin problems?”

Louis and Harry agreed, all of them but Zayn looking at the Irish lad. Zayn was quiet and staring at the floor because he knew the truth. He knew that his best friend is dying every second he breathes. It broke his heart because the other boys don’t know what is going on.

The doctor came out and gave us a small smile. “Niall, she’s not doing well. Her ca-” but the doctor couldn’t finish because of Niall who immediately covered everything up.

“Her calcium level is bad and that’s why her bones are so weak, right doctor?” Niall stated, looking at the doctor in the eye. The other boys were confused, but Zayn. He closed his eyes and tried to keep his anger in.

But he couldn’t “NIALL.” Everyone looked at him, on the chair. “Just tell them already.” Zayn said bitterly.

Niall shook his head. “It is not OUR secret to tell Zayn.” Both their voices rising with anger.

“What the fuck is going on?” Louis screamed.

Niall and Zayn stared at each other, anger clearly in their eyes. This was unusual especially for the boys who loved each other so dearly, were fighting because of one simple secret.

Niall covered his face with his hands and sighed heavily. “Olivia has cancer. She has been sick for a very long time. She told me not to tell you because she didn’t want to hurt you boys.”

Liam’s face turns bright red. “Ca-cancer?”

Harry fell on the ground and covered his face and silently cried, with no other expression to show. Louis looked at Niall and Zayn. “And you kept it from us. What kind of lads are you? You had no right to lie to us, especially for something this big, Niall.” Louis used his superior voice, the one he used when he knew he was the eldest among all of them.

Liam pushed past everyone and entered the room. Seeing her body on the bed, covered up in blankets. He cried, his heart breaking looking at her.

~~~

Olivia’s POV

I woke up to the five boys staring down at me. That was when I knew they knew. They didn’t say anything, nor did I. They just all fit on the bed and hugged me tight. The silence was a good thing. I didn’t want to explain it to them anymore, because I had to explain it to everyone who found out and it was heart wrenching to tell them about my life.

I fell asleep under Liam’s arms. The other boys held onto me like I was leaving soon. I didn’t mind, because I did need them with me, here. It was a lot to take in, not even nineteen and I already had cancer. I’m best friends with the worlds famous boyband, I fell in love with Liam Payne, I made new friends on the journey to where I am now. I pursued school and acting. I did everything I wanted, and I never regretted the things that happened to me, which I didn’t like.

Maybe it was my time. Maybe God needed me, more than anyone else who needed me here. Who on earth would need me here on earth anyways? My life has been so unstable it pissed me off and it made me confused.

When I woke up, I felt Liam’s breath against my forehead. I look up and see him still fast asleep. Although he was the only boy left in the room. The others must have left to eat or change. I took advantage of this, I slipped my hands around him and hugged him tight.

“Olivia,” he said, in a soft voice. Looking up once again, I smile. “I love you.”

My heart beat raced, and I smiled so hard I wanted to cry. He said the words I thought he would never say after everything that happened to us. He still loved me, and so did I. I still loved him, I always will. “I love you too.” He kissed me on my lips and we resumed cuddling.