Chapter 22- Nicole Is Back

“Taylor!” I whine, crossing my arms. I cannot believe she’s doing this to me. “You choose Niall over me? What a nice friend!” I pout at her. We were both in the living room, sitting down on the couch. Taylor was fixing her hair into a high ponytail. 

She shot me a sympathetic smile. “It’s not like that, Liv! Niall just asked me out, can you believe that?” I did understand her; I just didn’t want her to leave me. I was gonna be left all alone with the four other boys, and you should know how much trouble they can cause.

I sigh and shrug. “Yeah, I know. Have fun anyways, Tay.”

She smiled at me and gave me a hug. “Thank you so much! I cannot believe how excited I am for this! He actually asked me out, can you believe that?” She was going into her hyper mode. Oh no, when Taylor’s in hyper mode, she is just so….hyper.

I pat her back and Taylor smiles so bright, “Have fun, where you guys going?”

Taylor pointed out the window. “The beach, it is quite near. He told me he really didn’t have time to plan it, but I don’t care. At least I’m with him, right?” She looked at me and asked, tapping on her phone. “Did Liam ask you out yet?”

No. He didn’t. Come to think of it, he never even asked me out. Last time I checked we were dating, but never even went out on a date. He must be busy, with all the concerts and yeah. Liam must be tired and stressed right now, so I couldn’t force him to take me out. That would be just…really weird. I want the guy too ask me out, not the other way around.

Shaking my head, I tell her “Nope, not yet…”

Taylor nods and then sighs; we both look at the muted TV and say nothing. Oh gosh… “He will ask you out, soon.” She said, reassuring me. I give her a weak smile and she gives me a big one back. Taylor was really something, she was a friend I could go to anytime and just chill with.

Niall appears in front of us, holding out a basket. He was in Capri pants, a light blue collared shirt. He had a red and white blanket so they could probably sit on the sand. Niall was so romantic. He smiles down at Taylor and asks “You ready?”

Taylor smiles shyly and nods. “Yes, I am.” They lock arms and walk out the house, with a goodbye of course. I smile looking at the direction they went. Sighing, I face the TV and start watching, I hug my knees and rest my head on them. This was one of my habits. It just felt so comfy.

“Hey!” Someone said from behind me, I look up and he landed his kiss on my nose. I giggle. Liam smiled down at me and jumped on the couch. He put his arm around me and looked at me. I could feel him stare into my soul. “Hey pretty lady, what’cha doing over here, all by yourself?”  He was faking a Australian accent. It so did not fit him.

Liam looked so happy. I wonder why. “Taylor went out with Niall…their first date!” Then it came back to me…I’m just saying but Liam did confess his love to me like weeks ago, but never did he once ask me out. It’s clear that I like him back. “You okay?” I look at him and just notice that I was staring into space. One of my other habits.

“Mhh yeah, I was just thinking. Sorry.” He gives me a look and I say to him “It’s fine, seriously. Just thinking of home,” He gave me a small smile and kissed my cheek.

“Homesick?” He asked.

I nod. “Yeah, don’t you ever get homesick?” I question him, crossing my legs.

He shrugs “Of course I do. But I got used to it after we travelled everywhere.” I nod, leaning on his shoulder. “What are we watching?”

“I don’t know hehe.” I giggle.