Sacrifice

Umma, let me hold these for you," Kai insisted as he took the grocery bags from his mother's hand.
His mother resisted, "Kai, it's fine, they're not that heavy," she tried to reason but she knew it wouldn't work knowing how stubborn her son can be at times.
He vigorously shook his head, "Let me," he insisted once more. His mother sighed with a smile and gave him one of the lighter grocery bags so that he'll be able to carry them. With Kai's free hand he held his tightly on his mother's that wasn't carrying anything.
Kai's mother smiled brightly, looking down on him as he marched, swinging the lightweight bag in his hands. "Did you just do that so that you could hold onto my hand?" she lightly giggled.

The little boy nodded his head, looking up to smile back at her mother. Kai has always loved her mother and respects her a lot because she's the only family member he has after his dad left them. He promised himself that he would be the one taking care of her in the future like how she's taking care of him right now.
The two continued to walk, halting at a stop sign, the traffic light blinking yellow. They suddenly heard loud screams from a little boy that was coming closer towards them. Kai and his mother both looked behind them seeing a little boy running after a ball while another boy, who seemed a bit older, ran after him, continuously yelling his name.

"YAH JEON JUNGKOOK! STOP!" the older boy yelled, trying his hardest to reach out for the younger one.
"Don't worry hyung, I'll get it!" he yelled back at him, his eyes glued on the rolling ball on the ground.

Jungkook didn't stop and kept chasing the ball. He was headed right in the middle of a busy road. He stopped and smiled as he picked up the orange basketball of the ground. He heard loud honking sounds and looked to his right seeing a truck heading his way. Kai's mother quickly let go of Kai's hand and dropped all her groceries onto the ground, chasing after the little boy who is about to be struck by the speeding truck. .
Jungkook suddenly felt a sudden force pushing him off the street and onto the sidewalk, making him drop the ball. He was shocked as he looked behind him, seeing a truck quickly pass by. He froze, totally bewildered, wanting to know what happened on the other side.

"UMMA!" Kai yelled loudly as tears suddenly poured from his eyes. He ran towards the truck that had stopped, already seeing a pool of blood on the road. He saw his mother laying on the ground, unconscious, and the back of her head bleeding non-stop.

The driver of the truck quickly got out, pulling out his phone from his pocket to get help as he watched poor little Kai kneeling on the ground, shaking her mother continuously. Jungkook ran towards the accident, curious and a bit frightened.

"W-Wonwoo hyung..." Jungkook whimpered as he stares at the dead body.
Knowing that the kid is too young to see such gore, Wonwoo quickly covered his eyes and turned him around. "Jungkook, listen to me-"
"It's all your fault!" Kai all of a sudden yelled from behind the two boys. He furiously stomped towards his target, wanting to give him what he thinks he deserves. He made his way towards him, punching him with his bare fists that was slightly stained from his mother's blood.

Jungkook was pushed to the concrete floor with Kai on top of him, punching him like there was no tomorrow. He was defenseless against him but tried to block with his slender arms that were now bruised. Kai gave no mercy with his punches making Jungkook bleed, bruise, and swell in many places.

Afraid of having his friend having broken bones, he quickly joined in the scene to pry Kai off Jungkook. "Stop it!" he yelled into Kai's ear.
For a second Wonwoo was able to take Kai off of Jungkook with force having them both fall to the ground. But Kai was still burning with anger, standing back up to attack the little boy once more. "You killed her!" he yelled as he punched Jungkook under him, "Bring her back!"
With relief, adults who passed by saw the commotion between Jungkook and Kai then quickly ran over to help out. "Yah!" he yelled with his voice deep, "That's enough!"
Being held back by the man, Jungkook was able to stand up from the ground with the help of Wonwoo. Kai could only glare at him at the moment, his feelings raging with anger and grief. "One day," he began, "One day I will get you! Let's see how you'll feel when the person you love dies!" he yelled out, his words striking his heart, the image of her mother lying dead on the ground imprinted in his head.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"I never knew..." you bowed your head down.
Wonwoo nodded. "Now you do. Tomorrow... just follow our lead, okay? We'll guide you through our little plan."
"Our?"
"Daehyun's in it too... with Jungkook and his friends."
------
it's getting interesting.. Anyways 1 last chapter and next week I'll be updating!
Xoxoxo
Mon.