Rush

Taehyung oppa, where you going?" Taeyeon questioned curiously as she tugs playfully on his jacket.
He grabbed her hand and knelt down to her eye level. "I'm going out with someone," he smiled at her.
Her eyes widened excitedly, "Chanmi unnie? Is it Chanmi unnie?" she asked over and over again, jumping up and down on her feet like she was on a trampoline.
"What's this? Did your oppa finally found someone?" Taehyung's mother giggled from the kitchen. She nudged her husband. "Yah, did you know our Taehyungie has a girlfriend?"
His father took his attention away from the unwashed dishes and turned to Taehyung who was about to exit through the door. "What?! You had a girlfriend and didn't even tell us about her? How old is she? Where does she live? Does she still go to school?"
Taehyung laughed at him, couldn't help but smile at how active he was even at this age. "Appa, calm down. She's not even my girlfriend yet."
"Yet." His father emphasized the last words of his sentence.
Taeyeon tugged on her brother's jacket once more. "I want you and Chanmi unnie to be girlfriend and boyfriend! If you two get married in future, I get to have a little niece or nephew!"
Everyone's eyes widened at Taeyeon's statement. Taehyung could only laugh awkwardly at her while scratching the back his neck, "Now, now, let's not get too carried away with this."
The little girl looked up to his mom and dad with a gentle smile on her face. "Chanmi unnie is a really nice girl. She helped me with my math homework the last time I was at her house."
"So she's smart," Taehyung's father said, stroking his chin.
The mother tilted her head to the side and bent down to Taeyeon's eye level. "Now why were you at her house? Was your oppa with you?"
She shook her head. "I was in a study group with her little brother and we were studying at her house. She was a really big help, she even made us snacks. I forgot what they were called but it was delicious! I feel bad that she couldn't play with us that much because of her eye."
"What's wrong with her eye?" the adults asked in unison.
Taeyeon didn't hesitate to answer. "Chanmi unnie is blind."
"She's not blind," Taehyung commented. "Well not fully blind. She's half blind - you know - one eye's good, one eye's kind of not good," he tried to explain.
An approving smile came up on his father's face as the old man placed a hand on his shoulder. "Take good care of her, okay?"
"Don't worry, I'll take good care of her and treat her like the princess she is," he grinned. Kissing his little sister's head and his mother's cheek, he left out the door with a wave. "I'll be back before dinner!"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Okay, let's see. Hair's good, breath's good and clothes are good." He said to himself as he was about to knock on Chanmi's door but abruptly, the door opened by itself. It was Chan. "You scared me!" he said dramatically, making fist against his chest.
Chan's face was filled terror like he'd seen a ghost in his house and was trying to escape. He looked up to Taehyung and immediately took his hand. "Hyung, we have to go to the hospital now!"
He was scared to ask but he knew he had to. "What happened?"
"Chanmi noona, she's in the hospital."

He shouldn't have asked. Now Taehyung's heart was practically crashing itself through his ribs, trying to get out. This day should have been filled with happiness, laughter and eating street food.

Taehyung knew what he had to do. "Get in, I'll drive us there."
Chan's eyes widened in surprise, "You can drive?" he asked.
The older one nodded his head as he got into his sleek black car that was parked on the driveway. "You ready?" he asked Chan who sat behind in the backseat, clasping his seatbelt.
He gave him a thumb's up, "Yeah."

Taking Chan's reply as a signal, Taehyung turned on the gas and drove off. From the rearview mirror, he can see Chan's worried face and fiddling with his fingers. Thinking of Chanmi made Taehyung even more anxious than he was before.

Taehyung prayed in thoughts as he continued to drive along the streets. I hope she's alright...

It was less than a twenty-minute ride and the two boys have finally reached the hospital where Chanmi was held. Questioning the front desk, they managed to find which room was she in - thankfully friends and family were able to visit.

"Noona!" Chan exclaimed as he ran towards her the moment he came in the room.
Chanmi's eyes opened wide as she heard her little brother's voice. "Channie, you came," she said with a smile but didn't look at him. Oddly, she was staring forward, at the wall.
Chan held her hand. "Noona, I'm right here..." his voice cracked a bit as he spoke.
"I'm sorry, Channie..."
"Noona?"
Chan's father placed a hand on his shoulder. "Looks like the doctors were right about her other eye."
"Noona's completely blind now?"
The father nodded his head. "I'm afraid so."

Taehyung unconsciously walked over to the bed where Chanmi was. He couldn't believe his own ears. He thought that Chanmi would at least have a little more time to be able to see what was in front of her.

Hearing footsteps, Chanmi looked to her right, startling Taehyung a bit. "Channie, who's with you?" she asked.
Chan looked behind him and almost completely forgot about him. "It's Taehyung hyung. He drove me here after I told him what happened."
"Taehyung oppa...?" her voice trailed off.
"Chanmi..."
Remembering where her father stood, Chanmi looked at him. "Dad, can we have a little privacy?"

Without a word, older man just nodded his head and went out with his son. It was only Taehyung and Chanmi left in the room. Hesitating a bit, Taehyung sat on the edge of the bed, reaching his hand out to hold hers tightly.

"I-I didn't think you'd-" she began.
Taehyung cut her off. "Be here?" he finished her sentence. "Well, I am," he said as a matter of fact. "Why would you even think that I wouldn't come here to see you?"
She bit her lip. "Because I'm completely blind now and I would be a total nuisance to everyone."
He let out a sigh and lifted his hand, turning Chanmi's head so that she'd be facing him. Cupping her cheeks with his large hands, he smiled at her, "You are not a nuisance. Never think that you're a nuisance because you're not, okay? You might be blind but being like that just makes you special and a bit different from everyone."
"Oppa..." she didn't know what to say. His words made her heart flutter, she could feel butterflies in her stomach. "
"And like I said before, I'd be willing to give up my eyes for you any day."
Her eyes suddenly shot up, widening into the size of saucers. "Please don't do something like that."
"Why not?"
"I'm already happy that you're willing to give up your eyes for me but I'd be sad that you're the one that wouldn't be able to see anymore," she said as she took his hands off her face, the feeling of ice hit her face the moment she took them off. "Are you sure you still want to stay by me?"
He nodded his head though he knew he couldn't see her anymore. "Of course I will. I love you."