Chapter 17/ Jordan & Olivia

Jordan's POV

I sat in the tree for a while and cried. I heard the moan of walkers but I didn't care. I should probably go back soon, Olivia might be worried about me.

"She doesn't care." The voice from my dreams says.

I wanted to ignore it but I couldn't. I sighed and went down anyway. The branch my foot was on broke so I gripped tightly onto the ranch that I was holding.

Just my lucky day. My cousin gets killed all because of me and now I'm gonna get killed. All because of me.

Walkers start reaching for me and pulling at me. My hand starts slipping from the tree as they yank on me. I take out my gun an fire at them. There is too many.

I couldn't fend all of them off with my pistol. I was scared now. So I did the only thing I could think of. I screamed.

Olivia's POV

I heard a scream come from the heard of walkers and I flipped around. Jordan was fighting to get away from them.

I sprinted towards the hoard and started shooting at them. "HEY ASSHOLES, OVER HERE, MORE MEAT!"

Most of them turned to me and I began fighting them. Rick came up behind me and started shooting them.
"Go get Jordan!" He yelled. I ran around the hoard, they were too focused on Rick to notice me.

Three walkers stood around Jordan trying to take a bite out of her. I grabbed my knife and stabbed them in the head.

I grabbed Jordan and saw the rest of the group running up behind us. I gave Jordan a piggyback and I ran.

I set her down in behind the group and helped them kill off the hoard. After a few walkers I was running on fumes, I didn't sleep at all last night.

The last walker fell on top of the leaves with a loud thud. "We need to get out of here." Rick says.

We all nod, then exhaustion takes the best of me and I fall to the ground.

Jordan's POV

Rick and I raced over to Olivia. She laid on the ground, eyes closed. Rick picked her up and carried her back to Emma's place.

"We need to leave, everybody pack your things, ASAP!" Rick ordered.

Everyone scrambled to get their things. Rick laid Olivia on a couch.

"Jordan, can you go pack Olivia's things?" Rick asked me gently.

I nodded my head and went to pack mine and Olivia's things. Once I was finished I walked out into the main foyer. We waited for everyone else. When Carl came out he ran to me and wrapped me in a hug.

"I heard you scream, I was gonna come help but Daryl held me back..." Carl whispered.

I hugged him tighter. We were slowly warming up to each other and I was happy. I really like Carl, I'm just afraid if I do something wrong if he'll hurt me.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He says, his voice cracking slightly.

I nodded my head and gave him a small squeeze. Everyone was ready and Emma gave us cars to use. She said she stole them from terminus but I've leaned not to question her.

Before we left I went outside in the yard and picked flowers for Penny's grave.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get there fast enough..." I said in my head as I set the flowers down.

I wept quietly. I felt arms wrap around me and I look up to see Carl. He kisses my forehead and helps me up.

"Let's go, we're leaving soon." He said as his arm went around my waist.