Chapter 35/ Jordan & Olivia

Jordan's POV

It was getting dark out and I knew I had to go back to the house soon. Ron and I finished up our video games and I was getting ready to leave.

"I had fun today, thanks." I smile at him.

"Same. See you tomorrow?" He asks.

"Definitely." I replied.

Then there was a crash downstairs. Ron's eyes widened and he looked nervous.

"You should probably go now." Ron says.

"Okay." I said as I started walking down the stairs.

Ron came with me and that's when I heard crying.

"I'm sorry..." I heard Ron's mom, Jessie cry.

I knew Ron's family names because he told me. His little brother Sam, his mom Jessie and his dad Pete. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw Pete with a handful of Jessie's hair as she cried.

"Hey! You can't hurt her!" I shouted at Pete.

"What are you gonna do about it, little girl?" Pete spat.

He's right. I can't do anything. The only thing I can do is tell Rick. I walked out of Ron's house.

"See ya." Ron says.

"Bye." I wave.

It was dark as I walked down the street. I bumped into someone and I looked up and saw Carl.

"Jordan, you have to listen to me, stay away from Ron. He's crazy." Carl said.

I whimpered and backed away from him. I didn't want to get hurt again. Carl looked sad and he had bags under his eyes.

"Jordan I'm so sorry..." Carl says painfully.

"Leave her alone." Olivia growled as she came up behind me.

Carl gave me a pleading look before he left. I sighed and hugged Olivia. We walked back to the house.

"I need to talk to you. Alone." Olivia says as she enters the house.

Oh great now what?

Olivia's POV

We walk into the kitchen and Jordan sits down. I pull out the the cloth and unravel it. I toss it onto the island and she stares at it.

"What is this?" I ask. She bites her lip "I don't know." She says. I lean my hands on the counter. "Bullshit." Tears sting my eyelids.

She looks up at me "I don't know Liv." I shake my head as the tears fall. "Show me your arms." I demand.

She hesitates as her hand reaches for her sleeve. I caught her, she fucking cut herself. She pulled up her sleeves and I saw the fresh and bloody cuts.

"Christ." I muttered. Tears fell down her face. "Give me your knife." I say. She slowly hands me her blade. I put it in pocket and cover my eyes.

"I need to be alone for a moment." I say. She leaves the kitchen and walks out of sight. I grab my bag from the living room and walk back to the kitchen.

I grab a few things of food and bottle of water. I toss Jordan's knife into the bag. I grab a piece of paper from the counter and a pen.

I write on it.

Jordan,

I need to leave for a few days, don't think that it's your fault, because it's not. I can't handle the stress and the feeling of safety.