4. Torn

"I'm sorry." Huh? "I have to go." What? "Forget about me." No! Don't leave me!! But I stood frozen there, as he took his bags and left the house. I glanced out the window, he is walking with a petite blonde...Lon?
I pressed a hand against the window and screamed.

* ° *

"Mafu-kun, are you okay?" Amatsuki's voice broke through my reverie and I glanced at him. "Yeah." He sighed. "Get off your work for at least 30 minutes." "Why?" "You need rest!!" I pushed away from my worktable, knowing that he is right.
It used to be Soraru and I. Now, I work alone. Just the thought of him breaking up with me makes me wanna cry, and the very scene is replaying itself in my head everyday.
Someone pat my head. I looked up -- it's Amatsuki. "I know you're hurting, but you need rest. Or not you're gonna work yourself to death. You get it?" He smiled down at me and I tried to smile back. I can't. But at least Amatsuki doesn't look at me with pity. I hate that.
I went to Starbucks to get my daily fix of caffeine. And I saw them. A blond female, laughing with a raven-haired male. I stood there, with my coffee in one hand, staring at them until the guy turned.

It is Soraru.

Without realizing it, a sob tore from my lips and I turned away, running from there. I need to be away, I can't be there, I can't!! "Wait, Mafu!" Wait? I can't!!
I stood in the middle of the road, tears slipping down my cheeks. Wouldn't it be great if I just die now? I questioned myself. "No, Mafu!!" I turned to see who is that, and I saw a car honking at me to get out. I was frozen there, as everything sped through my mind, fast forward.

Someone pushed me and I fell at the side of the road. I turned. Blood soaked the road in its dark red colour. When I saw who was the person, I sobbed. Dark hair with pale skin. No, it can't be. I cradled his head on my lap, screaming at him to wake up. He did not reply.
Through watery eyes I saw someone dial for the ambulance, but it doesn't matter--I want back my Soraru. I sobbed, tears falling down my cheeks and onto his face. Still, he haven't woke up. By now, he would have scolded me for getting tears on him, then smiled and kissed me. Why isn't he doing that?
"Soraru-san," his name tore out from my lips, like a prayer for the gods to listen. I need him back, why must it be him?

The paramedics arrived, and carried him on a stretcher. I rode with them on the ambulance to go to the hospital. Usually, by now, if I cry, he will wake up and flick my head. Stupid angel. Don't you know I'll always be here with you? Don't cry, I'll be here to protect you, always.
Another tear fell from my eyes. If you're gone, then who will protect me? I asked silently. I stayed silent the entire trip.

The surgery room. The doctor. "Congratulations, he survived. He is one tough guy." I nodded, staring at the doors. "Can I...visit him?" The doctor smiled. "Yes".
I walked in, and touched his face. A smile etched itself on my lips, I'm happy. As he slowly open his eyes, I listened for his familiar "Hey, Mafu. Were you crying?" But there is nothing. I opened my eyes. And met a pair of blank ones.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

* ° *

I walked the hospital gardens, holding Soraru's hand. He frowned at the birds before opening his mouth. "Mafumafu-san, do you want to see the stars?" "Stars?" "Yes, they are very bright, and beautiful." I stared at the male beside me.
"Why?" He stared back before smiling softly. "I remembered something about the stars..maybe if I gaze at them long enough I'll remember something." "Okay."

I stood on the roof as Soraru laid down on the floor. His eyes are clear as he looked at the dark starry night. Suddenly he flinched. "Soraru-san? Are you okay?"

"Mafu?"

My heart stopped.

·

·

·

"Why are you calling me so formally? Where are we?" "The hospital", I croaked out. "What? Why? Did you do something dumb again? I know that I left you, but that's to visit my parents. What, you think I broke up? I mean, really? The forget about me part is accidental, and I gotta catch the bus so I forgot to tell you to forget about that part..but seriously?"

Oh.

A tear fell and soon, I am sobbing in his arms. He pat my head.

One day, when we are alone, he ran his fingers through my hair and smiled.
"We must enjoy our time together, Mafu." "What do you mean?" I asked when he said that. "We don't have much left." "Huh?" He took a deep breath. "I'm.....I have a disease."

"Eh?"

"The doctor told me after I got back my memory. I have one more week." He glanced at me. "I'm sorry, Mafu."

* ° *

One year later, I smiled down at Soraru's picture. "I told you I can do it!" I said softly to the photo. "Excuse me, nii-san? I lost my way...", I turned and saw a boy, with pale skin, dark hair, and eyes like....."Soraru-san?" I asked. He blinked. "I'm Sora, nii-san."
A tear slid down form his cheek. He wiped it off and said,"Eh?" I smiled and took his hand.

"I'll show you the way home."

--------- + END + ---------

A/N : Ugh did I screw up again. I wrote this at 11 something I just can't even----uhhhh... So this is my poor attempt at angst. I hope you guys like it though, even though it's most probably crappy like------ urgh.. The next update..I'll let you guys pick, smut, angst or fluff? Tell me, if you may, in the commenting part? Sorry for the crappy title as well, I just...can't find something nice for the title for this story.

-------nomuraaru